Baby Audio Transit - Ultimate Transition Designer in collabration w/ Andrew Huang

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

billinder33 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:39 pm I find building risers, drops, and transitions to be a tedious part of music production that I don't enjoy. I would rather spend my time writing, arranging, or doing sound design for the core song parts.
It sounds like you'd be happier writing music that doesn't use such novelty "transitions" at all.

Looks like a handy little tool. Are the per slot random buttons automatable? If so is there a seed setting. This is a very useful and often overlooked thing. I guess I should check out the actual effects before I get too excited, the stuff in turnado and artillery is usually not able to go far enough to extreme settings for my taste.

Can anyone who's tried this out tell me how well it does with non tempo synced time based effects?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Creative uses that aren't transitions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nem-rZjSaTY

Hey all,
Just a quick note to say that Transit is now available for iOS.

The iOS version includes new GUI views to improve the workflow and functionality on handheld devices.

You can also sync desktop presets to iOS (download Transit v1.2 and hit the "E" key on your keyboard while inside the desktop plugin to sync over to your iPhone/iPad).

App Store link:
https://apps.apple.com/app/transit-baby ... 6468305098
babyaud.io

so after some months, how is the reception of this? i use a lot of mangling tools and multieffects like Effectrix etc. but Transit seems really interesting. anyone happy with it? and how is the RANDOMIZER function?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm so after some months, how is the reception of this? i use a lot of mangling tools and multieffects like Effectrix etc. but Transit seems really interesting. anyone happy with it? and how is the RANDOMIZER function?
I use it in spots, but not as much as I thought I would.

For tools like these, I like to start at a preset and then tweak from there, but the presets have no logical layout which makes it much harder to find a starting point. If they would lay the presets out into filter sweeps, delay sweeps, high-distortion, audio destruction, etc., it would be a lot faster to find a good starting point. Many of the the presets aren't great or usable either.

So if I can't find a preset within a minute or two, I'll just abandon it and start grabbing other plugins to automate instead. It's a shame, because the concept is really great. They just badly botched the preset organization.
Last edited by billinder33 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duplicate

Caine123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm so after some months, how is the reception of this? i use a lot of mangling tools and multieffects like Effectrix etc. but Transit seems really interesting. anyone happy with it? and how is the RANDOMIZER function?
I bought it when it came out, and tried to use it more as an easily automatable multi fx with custom curves than as a transition device. But I used it only rarely, turns out my other plugins usually sound better and are more flexible. And once Ableton came out with Live 12 (beta) and included Performer, I haven’t used it at all. It’s like Transit on steroids and I can keep my plugins.

But I haven’t given up on it yet, maybe they’ll release some updates in the future and add a few interesting and unique fx. Who knows. But if you’re a Live 12 Suite user, you most likely don’t need it.

It's fun but I honestly rarely use it. I find Shaperbox much easier for drawing in more precise transitions plus the FX sound better in Shaperbox too. I've struggled a bit with Transit and making the parameter changes non-linear in the exact way i want- it feels like there isn't a happy medium between linear and exponential change. I can tweak the curve style infinitely and never quite get there or just draw in the slope of my choice in Shaperbox.

The randomiser is useful and can yield okay results depending on what modules you select. In truth, it's very easy to program already such that randomising isn't all that beneficial. But it works and generally yields something close to usable.

I actually use it a lot. It’s not my main effects, I just use it to morph sounds and build tension then drop it back to zero. I build my own presets because it takes 2 minutes and is super easy to design.

I have ableton 12 but have not dug into the performance tools yet. The thing I like about transit is that it’s fast and simple automation in one lane gets good results. If I can do that in performance tools than that’s another tool in the toolkit for me. But transit has been great for me since I tend to record a lot of synth to audio and then need to modulate the sounds after.

It's good for drawing inspiration, it would be nice if it had a common child with HY-Filter4
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Effects”