Pulsar Modular P450/P455 MDN Plugin Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is one of the worst threads I’ve seen here in terms of signal to noise.

The version of this thread on GS has its own version of the eternal war raging, but it’s also full of advice and samples of how people have used the plugin, including comparisons between with the plugin and without, comparison with other plugins, blind shootouts, etc.

Here it’s just full of people who have “done their own research” and spent time on the JUCE forums.

bmanic wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 am You can wonder all you want, I'm not for sale. Never have been, never will be. I'm just not cut out for that kind of stuff as I can't keep my mouth shut. So if something is shit, I'll say it's shit. If something is great, I'll say it's great! It really is as simple as that.
If anyone in doubt will check out bmanic's history on KVR, or just take my word for it: he's been pretty consistently criticizing or praising both large and small devs whether they've been hated or loved by the plugin community. I find it very hard to believe that he's compromised in his opinions. Just my 2c after being on this OT crapfest turd-for-brains forum for close to 20 years.

If bmanic is getting kickbacks from plugin developers for praising their plugins on forums, I want in on that!

In the end, I did end up buying this plugin. And trust me, I was biased dead set against buying another channel strip plugin. Especially at this price! But it really sounds killer and in a way that's difficult, nary impossible, to reproduce with other plugins. I think it's great.

I hope my check is in the mail. :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm If bmanic is getting kickbacks from plugin developers for praising their plugins on forums, I want in on that!

In the end, I did end up buying this plugin. And trust me, I was biased dead set against buying another channel strip plugin. Especially at this price! But it really sounds killer and in a way that's difficult, nary impossible, to reproduce with other plugins. I think it's great.

I hope my check is in the mail. :lol:
Value comes in many forms. Association with a successful product, NFRs, etc. To jump right to "kickbacks" seems unserious.

When someone is attempting to influence in an area of my interest, I prefer to understand their motivation.

eecrumjr77 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm When someone is attempting to influence in an area of my interest, I prefer to understand their motivation.
You can just demo the thing for yourself and draw your own conclusion.

This isn't hardware where there may not be the option to try locally and you'd have to spend several hundred dollars or more to purchase in order to get your hands on it.

This is a plugin. There's a free 14 day demo. Use it to try it out for yourself and avoid influenceritis.

I say this all the time but places like KVR, Gearspace, and YouTube all exist to sell you stuff. This is a discussion forum sure...but we're discussing products you can buy. That helps drives sales. That, in turn, helps draw advertisers. They're also collecting data on us to sell to advertisers. If you want to avoid being swayed, it's the easiest thing in the world to do with plugins because you can use them yourself at home. Tune out the noise from the influencers and just try for yourself! I wish I could do that with guitar amps and other music hardware. God, imagine how great that would be! "Hey, we'll just ship our entire guitar amp lineup to you for no cost. Just try it all for two weeks, and send back anything you don't want to pay for."

Sad for kids not having guitar stores to go to any more.

eecrumjr77 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm When someone is attempting to influence in an area of my interest, I prefer to understand their motivation.
You have been going on about conspiracies to promote this plugin since the first page when you said "it's interesting how the same cast of characters goes immediately into hype overdrive mode with each PM release".

We're now 28 pages later, and you're still harping on about it, asking bmanic about his relationship with the company pages and pages after he'd already explained it (on about the 8th page).

Is this really a good use of your or anybody else's time? You're not out here sticking it to the man and asking the questions everybody else is too scared to ask- they've been asked and discussed already.

On the first page you said you demo'd the plugin- would you like to give your feedback on your experience?

Uncle E wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm Sad for kids not having guitar stores to go to any more.
Kids? They don't know what they're looking for anyway. But it sucks when you're like, "the only place I can buy this MIJ Fender Jazzmaster with Wide Range Humbuckers is online, but I've never played a U-shape neck..." then you get it, and the neck shape is super uncomfortable. So you either sell it, get a new neck, or find a luthier to shave it. I'M THE REAL VICTIM HERE! :x :cry: :x

:P

Igelhaft wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm
You have been going on about conspiracies to promote this plugin since the first page when you said "it's interesting how the same cast of characters goes immediately into hype overdrive mode with each PM release".

We're now 28 pages later, and you're still harping on about it, asking bmanic about his relationship with the company pages and pages after he'd already explained it (on about the 8th page).

Is this really a good use of your or anybody else's time? You're not out here sticking it to the man and asking the questions everybody else is too scared to ask- they've been asked and discussed already.

On the first page you said you demo'd the plugin- would you like to give your feedback on your experience?
You seem to be having some difficulty differentiating my posts from others.

eecrumjr77 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm You seem to be having some difficulty differentiating my posts from others.
I don't believe I am?

Start of your conspiracy theories on page one:
eecrumjr77 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:54 am Yeah, it's interesting how the same cast of characters goes immediately into hype overdrive mode with each PM release. AA pretty similar.
You asking bmanic about his relationship with PM on page 27:
eecrumjr77 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:03 pm Out of curiosity, do you have an arrangement or working relationship with Pulsar Modular?
For good measure, you saying you demo'd the plugin:
eecrumjr77 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:15 am I've been reading them for a while and demo'd several of their plugins, including this new "this is IT" offering.
That seems to be all you saying the things I indicated you said?

There are also a bunch of other posts of yours throughout harping on the same points I don't feel like quoting.

eecrumjr77 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm
Igelhaft wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

You seem to be having some difficulty differentiating my posts from others.
No, he's not. No one else is either. You, OTOH, seem to have a hard time speaking plainly and just accusing out loud the people you are - annoyingly - very passively insinuating collusion with shadowy forces for (apparently) evil.

your (putting it VERY flatteringly) contribution to the thread is worthless.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:14 pm
stillenacht wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:03 am Heres his dev saying "I used almost all of the filter types in JUCE"
That’s out of context. He’s saying he tried them all and they all have a problem with peaking at 10Hz. He’s not saying he used all the filters in their plugins.
You missed out the second part where his dev posted the code he is using 'juce::dsp'

https://forum.juce.com/t/juce-filters-i ... knob/46869

Besides when P900 updated his plugins last year with double precision (previously he was bandlimiting the low shelf/LPF by increasing cut off frequency with higher sample rates because of 'unstable filters') this isn't just about filter DSP it is also a JUCE DSP specific issue, not because of a problem with the program but because wait for it, it isn't in the JUCE documentation. There has been talk on the JUCE forum about updating the JUCE DSP filter documentation as it trips up all the rookies.

P900 is saying everything possible to make people believe he isn't using JUCE DSP when he is. I wonder what JUCE/PACE will think if P900 is not properly acknowledging parts of their IP, if JUCE DSP is suddenly so great wouldn't they want everyone to know? Its usually very difficult to prove someone is code laundering without access to the source code, not so much when his own dev has posted the code on a public forum.

stillenacht wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:55 am You missed out the second part where his dev posted the code he is using 'juce::dsp'

https://forum.juce.com/t/juce-filters-i ... knob/46869
This link shows us that he never got the JUCE filters working.

I’ve seen these detractor-stalker types attach themselves to other developers as well. Cherry Audio has one, IK has one. They try to take down every new release thread with their repeated accusations. It’s just a form of obsessive behaviour, I guess. The developers don’t deserve it but there’s not much they can do beyond reporting it as harassment to the forum moderators.

I'll say again, used this plugin on an electric guitar track yesterday and still absolutely love it. Don't give a sh*t how it works. It sounds great to me. I don't regret paying the relatively large purchase price at all.

Return to “Effects”