Korg Collection 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 pm
Roman Wisniak wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:41 pmQuite possible. Especially, both are partially covered by Prophecy and MicroKORG.
Radias makes microKORG sound like a bad joke IMO :)
Sure as it was younger and more developed and premium product ;)

There's a sale right now - so I'm wondering: what's the deal with the "Prophecy" - is it actually really a Z1 in full glory and they just gave it the more popular name or not quite?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I just had a look at the manual - it's really just a polyphonic Prophecy - that's a real bummer - what a missed chance. :-(
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

the Z1 offers four new oscillator models, the additions being the Resonance oscillator, Organ model, Electric Piano model, and Bowed String model

And lacks the dual waveshapers that Prophecy has. So it giveth some, and taketh some away. :)

As such I don't think the Prophecy plugin is a missed opportunity. It's a stepping stone instead, the way I see it.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 pm Is the microKORG VST a 1:1 reproduction of the hardware? Sounds the same?
Sounds EXACTLY the same to me based on some specific patches I used back in the day. I'm sure there are minor, minor differences due to DA conversion/analog components, but for all intents and purposes, it's basically spot on.

i love it

Return to “Instruments”