Hornet DoIn,Suggestions for Improvement

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a Complete Bundle user, Reinstalling every time is a torture.
I hope that DoIn can multiple-select and classify, such as Reverbs, Compression, Equalizers, Limiters,,,,,,,,,,,,
And be able to know which ones are installed and which ones are not installed.

Hi thank you very much for the suggestion, we are going to add that to our feature request list. it should not be too hard imho :)

Saverio

Hi,

agree! added to the new DoIn new-features list.

Best

Maso
your support at HoRNet plugins. Need help? Just open a ticket

DoIn also needs to make the user aware when a version of a plugin they have purchased has an update available and it should install to the default locations on MacOS only
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 for VST3 and
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components for AU
I always end with duplicate copies on my HDD using DoIn
Last edited by robbarnett on Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbarnett wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:48 pm DoIn also needs to make the user aware when a version of a plugin they have purchased has an update available and it should install to the default locations on MacOS only
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 for VST3 and
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components for AU
I always end with duplicate copies on my HDD using DoIn

Hi,

I have also added this request to the new feature list of the DoIn :D

Best

Maso
your support at HoRNet plugins. Need help? Just open a ticket

DoIn:

- Installs plugins in the wrong location (~/Library/Plugins is NOT correct on a Mac, although it does work)
- Doesn't tell me what's already installed
- Doesn't tell me what needs updating

This actually stops me buying more HoRNet plugins - the whole maintenance issue is an enormous pain. Right now the user experience is to reinstall everything every time, which actually punishes users for buying more plugins!

Computers are supposed to do all this hard work for us! I need an "Install/Update All" button. Why should installing or updating plugins be painful?

redpola wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:42 pm DoIn:

- Installs plugins in the wrong location (~/Library/Plugins is NOT correct on a Mac, although it does work)
well that's simply not true:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/102239

Both locations are valid plugins folders and IMHO the user's one is the more secure one since it does not require the installers elevated privileges to write to a system location.
redpola wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:42 pm - Doesn't tell me what's already installed
- Doesn't tell me what needs updating
This is true and it's our to do list. consider that our approach has always been to avoid installers if possible and keep everything self contained in the plugin itself. DoIn started to be a necessity on macOS since Catalina because of the protection Apple put in place to make sure only validated software was able to run on a system. IT's far easier to create an installer than to explain our customer how to let macOS trust our plugins when extracted from a downloaded zip file. It's still possible but requires running a terminal command.

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:16 am
redpola wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:42 pm DoIn:

well that's simply not true:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/102239

Both locations are valid plugins folders and IMHO the user's one is the more secure one since it does not require the installers elevated privileges to write to a system location.
Saverio is 100% correct on this, and some users (like me) prefer their plugins in the user Library, for the reasons stated. I don't know where people get this "wrong location" idea from, but it's wrong. :hihi:

No DAW that I'm aware of will *NOT* search the user plugin library by default. Many (most?) vendors install to the system Library out of their own convenience, but the only reason you should need plugins installed into the system library folder is if your machine is multi-user and all the users are working with plugins ... which likely rules out 99% of Mac machines.

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”