Blue Cat's Plug'n Script Synth

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm new in this forum and new to Blue Cat's Plug'n Script, and French :D
I've just installed BlueCatPlugNScriptVST3Demo-x64Setup.exe on my PC
Started Cubase (pro 12) and directly found a new VST instrument called "Blue Cat's Plug'n Script Synth". So far, it looks fantastic and easy!
Now my question is: will it possible to create the VSTi I need?
I'd like to create a VSTi running almost like a sample player or drum virtual instrument but able to play also and in sync midi files. I mean for a received Note On midi message, an associated audio file And an associated midi file are played together at the same time and in sync.
I found in the factory presets a file player which sounds like a good start. But is it possible to read a midi file too?
Could you tell me if there's a chance to create such VSTi with Blue Cat's Plug'n Script or not?
Thanks for your help

You should be able to create such a VSTi but there will be a bit of coding work: we do not have a MIDI file library available so far (but maybe you can find one written in C++ that could be ported to angelscript?), and the file loader example currently does not resample to a different sample rate. But it is definitely possible.

OMG, this was what I was also going to try and do... Create a VSTi for my own drum samples... LoL.

What do you mean "we do not have a MIDI file library available" ???

It mans that you will have to write your own code to load a MIDI file.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”