Can i update melda plugins without visiting the website??

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Mcomplete bundle.
but when there is new update, should i just download the download file in the website again?
Or there is other kinda update button or other options?

Website download is the way to update bundles.

So it is the only way to update...?😔

What's wrong with that? It's fast and easy. No bloatware on our pc, just download and use what you want.

You also don't need to download every single version, this wont make your music better

We are actually working on a new installer with automatic updates etc., but iot will take some more time.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Nice. :tu:

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:20 pm We are actually working on a new installer with automatic updates etc., but iot will take some more time.
Thank you! but i think it shouldn't be bloatware type like Frankie.T said above. Bloatware things are so annoying. Ppl wouldnt like it

And i just realized there is 'check for updates' button in melda plugins yesterday. And i didnt know removing current version of melda plugins is already so easy thanks to 'plugin clean-up' in installer.
So Downloading and reinstalling again are easy to do than i thought. I shouldve known melda is already good for updates 😅...

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:20 pm We are actually working on a new installer with automatic updates etc., but iot will take some more time.
Please Vojtech, if you do it, please be in Melda style, some of us don't like bloatware and also don't need to run the latest version.
I like to have control over my installed versions to be sure to avoid any issue/incompatibility due to some newer code, i'm the guy who think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

To me the current state is perfect, cause i download and use what i want without unnecessary stuff running in background or whatever. Simple is better!

Depends on the definition of a bloatware :D. If that is an app that does all the stuff once you run it, then everything is bloatware :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:42 pm Depends on the definition of a bloatware :D. If that is an app that does all the stuff once you run it, then everything is bloatware :D
hahaha, well let's say i don't like something that runs in background autoupdating stuff.
I love a single file that contains all the plugins without the need to internet connection and such kind of portals like Waves and co.

If there will be an option (opt-in) to autoupdate in the current installation, i have nothing against it, cause people can chose the current solution or a different one

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:20 pm We are actually working on a new installer with automatic updates etc., but it will take some more time.
If it closes totally when complete, then great.
But please, no service centre that runs in the background :cry:

I don't think you would do that to us though... lol
:pray:

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:42 pm Depends on the definition of a bloatware :D
Yeah now i also think melda already has good update method. What had annoyed me was just cleaning up the previous versions of plugins before i found 'plugin clean-up' in installer. I just didnt know about it well.

'Internet based-centre or portal installer for automatic things' doesnt sound safe and good to most ppl. Especially to ppl who run their studio or ppl who dont wanna use internet.
Some companies force users to use their centre or portal apps and it is super annoying and feels uncomfortable.

'Check for updates' button in melda plugin is already good enough. Cuz It gives me the website link for next update when internet is connected.

If the installer has 'check for new installer', it would be slightly more convenient but not necessarily important.
I dont know how the new installer will be like, but i believe melda...

Return to “MeldaProduction”