MPowerSynth arp question

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I'm messing around with the arp in MPowerSynth, and i have a question:

Is it possible to stop it running, so it only launches with a note on?

The reason i ask is that i'm experimenting with using it to program trap style hi-hat rolls, and although it works pretty good, the problem is, when it gets a note on , it'll only trigger at the next step of the arp, which seems somehow locked to the song tempo, making timing a little tricky, because you don't always want the roll to start exactly at that moment. Even if you turn the tempo from "off" to some BPM value, the start point still seems somehow strangely quantized.

I don't understand the philosophy behind restricting the arp to only be allowed to trigger at some moments and not others, and not at any arbitrary moment the user chooses!

I would also hope to see a one-shot mode in the arp, but again, i can't find it.

Any other tips and tricks with the arp would be appreciated!

Well, you can turn it off by via a multiparameter assigned to the arp on/off switch.
Reaper | MComplete Bundle

jan-sandahl wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:55 pm Well, you can turn it off by via a multiparameter assigned to the arp on/off switch.
That doesn't fix the problem.

Well the arp is always synced, but because that's what you want almost always. You want to somehow disable the sync? Or what is it about exactly? Whjat you want to achieve? (sound example)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes, disable the sync!

You can use an arp for all kinds of things, for example for a drum roll!

Also it would be great to have the option that the arp doesn't loop.

And what about music that isn't to a tight grid? For example a live drummer. But you want to use an arp for shorter periods like a bar or two.

I can think of lots of examples!

Oh, I have wet dreams about arps and seqs slowly drifting out of sync, and back in again! But that's me. :)
Reaper | MComplete Bundle

jan-sandahl wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:10 pm Oh, I have wet dreams about arps and seqs slowly drifting out of sync, and back in again! But that's me. :)
Exactly!

It would actually be great to be able to use the arp as a modulator (and have multiple arps) with all the same MIDI trigger modes as the envelope and LFO. So that it could modulate filter (as an example) instead of pitches. And then include a slew control for defining how the modulation moves from one value to another. In fact you would want each "note" in the arp to have a slew amount which controls how the current value moves to the next.

I know you can kinda already do this with an LFO and drawing in steps, but an arp has a certain immediacy and workflow that's really amazing for modulation.

Xfer Cthulthu & Avenger have pretty nice arps that can be used to modulate, but i don't think anyone really realized the full potential of arp modulation yet.

Return to “MeldaProduction”