quantum is here

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

close but no cigar, this is the real McCoy: https://www.futureshop.co.uk/quantum-re ... nchronizer

gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:02 pm close but no cigar, this is the real McCoy: https://www.futureshop.co.uk/quantum-re ... nchronizer
* Available in the UK only
* Fully manufactured in the USA
wtf ...
* Lowers the noise floor
I'd like to see some proof of that (which disqualifies me as possible audiophile)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:56 pm
* Available in the UK only
* Fully manufactured in the USA
wtf ...
my wtf moment with it came long before I got to that bit.

that thing better resonate at 432Hz or I want my money back.

That was chatGPT. Bing AI also gave a very interesting answer. I'll paste it so you guys who know something about it can tell if it's just babbling or not:
Quantum oscillation, resonance and decay are phenomena that occur in quantum systems, such as atoms, molecules, or superconductors. They involve the periodic variation, enhancement, or reduction of some physical quantity, such as energy, charge, or magnetism. These phenomena are usually described by mathematical equations that capture the quantum behaviour of the system.
To mimic these phenomena in music production, one would need to translate the mathematical equations into sound waves, or use some other method to generate sounds that resemble the quantum behaviour. This is not a trivial task, as quantum systems are often complex, nonlinear, and stochastic. However, there have been some attempts to do this, such as the Quantum Music project that I mentioned earlier, or the sonification of quantum data by researchers and composers12.
One possible way to code a software that would mimic quantum oscillation, resonance and decay is to use a physical modelling synthesis technique, which is a method of
synthesizing sounds by simulating the physical properties of the sound source. For example, one could model the quantum harmonic oscillator, which is the quantum-mechanical analog of the classical harmonic oscillator. The quantum harmonic oscillator is one of the most important model systems in quantum mechanics, and it has applications in many fields of physics and chemistry. The quantum harmonic oscillator has a discrete spectrum of energy levels, which are given by the formula:
En​=ℏω(n+21​)
where ℏ is the reduced Planck constant, ω is the angular frequency of the oscillator, and n is a non-negative integer. The energy levels are equally spaced, and the difference between two consecutive levels is ℏω. This means that the quantum harmonic oscillator can only absorb or emit photons with energy equal to ℏω, which corresponds to a frequency of ω/2π. This frequency is called the natural frequency of the oscillator, and it is independent of the energy level.
To mimic the quantum harmonic oscillator in music production, one could use a software that generates a sine wave with a frequency equal to the natural frequency of the oscillator, and modulates its amplitude according to the energy level. For example, one could use the following pseudocode:
# Define the natural frequency of the oscillator in Hz
omega = 440

# Define the number of energy levels
n_levels = 10

# Define the duration of each level in seconds
duration = 0.5

# Loop over the energy levels
for n in range(n_levels):

# Calculate the amplitude of the sine wave
amplitude = sqrt(n + 0.5)

# Generate a sine wave with the natural frequency and the amplitude
wave = amplitude * sin(2 * pi * omega * t)

# Play the wave for the duration
play(wave, duration)

This code would produce a sound that resembles the quantum transitions of the harmonic oscillator, as it changes its energy level from 0 to 9. The amplitude of the sound would increase with the energy level, and the frequency would remain constant. The sound would be similar to a siren, but with discrete steps instead of a continuous sweep.
Of course, this is a very simple example, and there are many other ways to code a software that would mimic quantum oscillation, resonance and decay. One could use more complex quantum systems, such as the Bose-Einstein condensate, or the insulator-superfluid transition. One could also use different synthesis techniques, such as additive synthesis, subtractive synthesis, or granular synthesis. One could also add effects, such as filters, envelopes, or reverbs, to enhance the sound quality and diversity. The possibilities are endless, and only limited by the imagination and creativity of the programmer and the musician.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”