Looking for filters or the effects used for building tension in a trance track

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,
newbie here who recently tried to find some hobby for couple of spare minutes between family and work time and I have found myself having fun with "producing" some trance music.
I am reaching to you fellow forum members with maybe a dumb but definitively a newbie question put in the Subject: how one can achieve an effect of building (raising) a tension in synth melodies in a trance track.
I am currently going through Demi Hellen youtube videos and this effects sound quite offen when he plays some of his melodies. In this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Ii_ARe_E0&t=855s at 7 min 55 s he previews the created part of the melody and he says: "lets just open the filters.." then one can here this effect of a raising tension in his melody. The same at 16min 10sec.
How can one achieve that?

Best regards

m4ly

Just the main LPF filter on the synth most likely.

_leras wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:43 am Just the main LPF filter on the synth most likely.
Almost certainly. He specifically references the mod-wheel. So it's just the main filter in whatever synth he's using with cutoff mapped to the mod-wheel.

Return to “Sound Design”