Tremolo Picking?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Amplesound support,

Sorry if I've missed something very obvious but how do you program tremolo picking (speed picking) of a note in any given Ample Sound guitar (I'm currently using AME)? Since it can be read from the Tab panel, I figured there has to be away to program it in MIDI as well?

Thanks.

The Tremolo Picking only is supported in Tab play.

Hi,

So I've been testing the tremolo picking in the Tab play and I must say it does not sound good at all. It sound very fake and machine-gun sounding. This is the first articulation of an Ample Sound product that I think does not sound good. Everything else in Ample's products are the best out there.

So I think, from my experience with other guitar libraries, that the only way to have very realistic-sounding tremolo picking is to actually sample each note with the player tremolo-picking it. Since this technique is very common in metal guitar (again I'm using AME), it would be great to see Ample Sound perhaps do a tremolo picking extension library for AME. And maybe even for some other libraries.

Please consider this, Ample Sound, as it would make AME a very complete metal guitar product, in my opinion.

Thanks, indeed we have to record real samples for tremolo-picking, but the difficulty of real sample is how to control the tempo? O/C we are unable to record many tremolos and that is not convenient for using. we will find a way to do it in future.

Ample Sound wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 am Thanks, indeed we have to record real samples for tremolo-picking, but the difficulty of real sample is how to control the tempo? O/C we are unable to record many tremolos and that is not convenient for using. we will find a way to do it in future.
You did not, not yet.

Alyctro wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:37 pm
Ample Sound wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 am Thanks, indeed we have to record real samples for tremolo-picking, but the difficulty of real sample is how to control the tempo? O/C we are unable to record many tremolos and that is not convenient for using. we will find a way to do it in future.
You did not, not yet.
The future is not here yet. :hihi:

On a more serious note, the Pipa features a convincing tremolo picking sound. So it is not as if Ample Sound cannot do this.

I accomplished this by manually editing the MIDI making slight changes to the velocity and timing. It's tedious but worked well for me (using AGL - classical guitar).

Return to “Ample Sound”