The vibrato using Mod Wheel feature had disappeared with version 3.5 on Ample Guitars !!

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchased AGL, AGLP and AGRB and I discovered when I installed the current version that they removed the possibility to use the Mod Wheel for vibrato!
This very feature was the reason why I started to purchase their guitars : I made several pieces with older versions and, I liked so much the result I obtained ! This featured is not for people who play live, but for composers/producers like me it was fantastic : I needed to record the vibrato in a second time but the result was extremely human and natural!!!

I tried to accommodate to their new modulation system but definitely it sounds too robotic (synthetic) to me.
Plus they give the virato speed in ms !!! Not musical at all ! They should propose some musical notes values instead, including dotted and triplets, and synchronised with the tempo. I tried make a piece with this unnatural vibrato but unfortunately there was some tempo changes in it. Guess what, I had to recalculate (yes with a calculator) the vibrato time according to the new tempo !!! And the result is in all case far from what I obtained manually without calculating anything, just playing...

I am an a former demonstrator for synths and samplers (Roland, Ensoniq,AKAI) and a too bad guitarist for my needs. Ample Guitars was a nice solution for me : it can take me up to 4 months to put in place a big Progressive Rock piece with the playing level and the sound quality I want, no problem, but loosing such an important feature is a disaster for me.

Do you share the same experience about this feature ?

I developed some VST instruments 10 years ago : I think it might not be a terrible issue for them the re-implement their old code + a switch about this matter - if they receive feedback from several users...

It is still possible. You have to turn off auto mod in the settings.

Error- see next
Last edited by Eulkomar on Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

mountainmaster wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:53 pm It is still possible. You have to turn off auto mod in the settings.
Thanks for your feedback mountainmaster. In theory yes, I tried again for real before replying to you, on LP and RB : turning off Auto mod only stops the envelope generator, the vibrato LFO is still active.
More difficult is that the LFO speed is not accessible via User Interface, you need to dive deeper in your daw and find the parameter S-Mod Time to set it up in an automation track... But this is not the major problem, there are many, many of this hidden parameters which offer great expressiveness that I am used to do it. For instance the full manual vibrato that I used before updating is lost...

Yes, it is different. In one of my older projects the vibrato was totally gone because the notes did not ring out long enough for the envelope to kick in. So I restored it by disabling the auto mod. I guess I could have modified the envelope for a better result.

I did notice that the LFO speed is lower than it used to be. :(

I just found out that you can set the mod time in the settings window as well. The values below the envelope are editable. So there is no need to do it with automation.

Return to “Ample Sound”