PnS KUIML drag'n'drop designer app?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any KUIML drag and drop or similar skin designer app to speed up the PnS skins?
Hand coding is so time consuming.
There are so many web page development apps, that one would think a similar app would exist.
I know @ilyaorlov has kindly created the skin editing add-on, but to initially design one is still very time consuming, especially trying to remember all the TAGS and PARAMS.
TIA :wink:

Thank you for your message. There is indeed currently no WYSIWYG app for skin design. It may however come one of these days! If you keep the skinning manual open, it is actually pretty fast to write skins, and as you get fluent in KUIML it is actually much faster than using a GUI editor :-).

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully one day.

I can't remember are there any kuiml syntax highlighting files for vim, etc?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

With raw html editing, most ide have syntax highlighting and tag ending. Maybe Blue Cat Audio can write an extension for Visual Studio Code or similar IDE to help ease the pain ☺️

Dewdman42 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:15 am I can't remember are there any kuiml syntax highlighting files for vim, etc?
Any editor with XML support should be fine. Since you can define your own tags with templates etc. specific syntax highlighting is not realy useful IMHO.

Vatche wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:31 am With raw html editing, most ide have syntax highlighting and tag ending. Maybe Blue Cat Audio can write an extension for Visual Studio Code or similar IDE to help ease the pain ☺️
That's quite a bit of work. But if you use Visual Studio with XML support, it is already smart enough in most cases to autocomplete the tags for you based on existing code in your file.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”