Bazille: Amp mod and velocity

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Test patch: Set Env1 Amp Mod to LFO Square and amount to 50.
LFO rate: 1 s. Now I'm getting a pulsating on/off tone.

But: when setting Velocity to 50% the pulsation disappears at low key velocities.

Bug or design flaw?

I guess the modulations are additive and not multiplicative or something like that.

As a workaround I can use the modulation on the OSC volume instead of the env-mod.

LFO square is a bipolar source, and e.g. with Amp Mod at 100.00, it would make the signal flip polarity for each half cycle (each time the square flips polarity). At 50.00 it only goes half way down, so from full amplitude to the zero line, not to the full negative amplitude. So far so good, that's why you hear "full-silence-full-silence", etc., but don't forget you've made the signal bipolar via the LFO square, you're just not reaching the negative side currently.
Velocity at 50.00 moves the signal down by half the full range. Look at the oscilloscope. The pulsation doesn't disappear, but you've moved it further down, now it goes like 25% above zero and 25% below zero. See how it flips the phase each time the LFO does half a turn. Not sure I'd call it a bug, just something to keep in mind.

Return to “u-he”