i think i encountered a bug

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello!
when i save an "all settings" preset, it seems like Linnstrument can't recall any custom lighting schemes.

I'm planning to use one split as a launch controller. It would also be great if lighting schemes could be set per split instead of globally, and if the CC faders option would overlay a customized lighting scheme. Currently, there is no way to see the CC faders when a customized lighting scheme is selected.

In any case I can only repeat myself, Linnstrument is a game changer for me and I am very thankful to those who developed it!

Cheers and have a nice day!

Edit: I just read in the documentation that the developer is aware of that. Is there a reason why?

Hi prehm,

I'm sorry about that. I failed to write in the Panel Settings page that the 6 "All Settings" memories do not save the 3 custom light patterns. I've just updated the Panel Settings page to clearly state that.

Your suggestions make good sense. The problem is that I designed LinnStrument not as a detailed desktop workstation with a screen and full editing UI, but rather as a real-time performance musical instrument with no screen or lots of knobs and buttons, and with the settings printed on the panel. Also, as a small company I don't have the resources to implement all the various features that each person may desire. However, there's an extensive MIDI implementation, a User Firmware mode, and open source software, so anyone can change LinnStrument into their ideal instrument if they choose to.

If you'd like to read my guiding principal for software feature additions, it's on the LinnStrument FAQ page, General tab, FAQ "Can you add this feature _______?"

And thank you for owning a LinnStrument.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”