A question about Smart EQ

Official support for: sonible.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Got the demo and I'm really loving it but is the demo hobbled in any way? When you hit the listen button it listen to maybe 10 seconds of the song before Eq-ing. My question is: does the full version listen to the entire song and make adjustments, or is it the same basic thing, 10 seconds and done?
Start of tracks are always lower and different parts of a track will result in different EQ. I got a basic manual with the demo, so I don't know if there's a more complete one. Thanks.

Hi Osiris!

The current version of smart:EQ 3 is based on an approx. 10sec "observation" for computing the EQ filter. It is assumed that any "general problems" (e.g. some annoying resonance, a general spectral imbalance) should be observable during that time. That said - it's true that this approach may not work well for songs with a lot of variation where you would also automate EQ curves to adapt to changes in the music. For this kind of material you can try the "dynamic" mode of the smart:filter. Just right click on the filter thumb and set dynamic to a value > 0. Once that's done, the filter will dynamically adapt to changes of the input signal - and therefore account for spectral changes over time. I hope this helps! ;-)

Thanks.

Return to “sonible”