Arturia Account

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone sold their entire Arturia account?

I havent used anything from Arturia for some time, and have got quite a lot plugins in my Arturia account, comprising Pigments, Minifreak V, FX Collection 3, REV LX24, Chorus Jun6, V Collection 7,8 and 9 plus lots sound packs and other plugins, looked in profile and pretty much all info can be changed, any takers, offers
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Try the Sell & Buy Forum ...

Asking if anyone has done it?
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Goony wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:14 pm Anyone sold their entire Arturia account?

I havent used anything from Arturia for some time, and have got quite a lot plugins in my Arturia account, comprising Pigments, Minifreak V, FX Collection 3, REV LX24, Chorus Jun6, V Collection 7,8 and 9 plus lots sound packs and other plugins, looked in profile and pretty much all info can be changed, any takers, offers
I like how this is right below the “Don’t buy user accounts” sticky lol.

IMG_3511.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by i need Help on Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Any new thread will be below a sticky....

Goony wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:38 pm Any new thread will be below a sticky....
Yeah I know how the forums work lol, but most people don’t post Topics asking if anyone’s done something the big bold sticky Topic warns users against.

That’s the funny part.

Goony wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:14 pm Anyone sold their entire Arturia account?

You don’t need to sell your account. Arturia have one of the best transfer processes out there. You can transfer all of your stuff (unless it’s not for resale, e.g. freebies etc.) without a fee, often without having to contact support. Obviously cross-grade stuff involves selling the original product plus the new one (e.g. if V9 was upgraded at a discount due V8 ownership, V8 would be transferred along with V9, etc.).

“Account takeovers” are more for plug-ins that can’t be resold, or can be but with lots of fees.

Not easy to work out which products were crossgrades from and too, and as I dont use anything from Arturia anymore, much easier to just get rid of the account altogether. Pretty much just using stock Ableton devices and hardware now.

Goony wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:57 am Not easy to work out which products were crossgrades from and too, and as I dont use anything from Arturia anymore, much easier to just get rid of the account altogether. Pretty much just using stock Ableton devices and hardware now.
You could contact support and ask them to confirm which licenses are transferable and any that are not. If it necessary to provide a legacy license to a buyer, in order for an upgrade license to be valid, they can advise you on that sort of thing too.
Always Read the Manual!

In the Arturia user profile, if a license has been upgraded, there’s an annotation clearly stating it can’t be sold separately (but you can sell both the newer product and the old one). I’m quite sure about this (but I’m on my smartphone at the moment, so I can’t double check at the moment).

I think it’s understandable the deside to sell all the licenses as a whole, but I’d still use the proper official transfer procedure, not an account takeover. It’s in the best interest of the buyer (and probably also of the seller).

If you have any doubt about your Arturia licenses situation, I think their support will be glad to help you… I mean: even if they’d rather sell brand new licenses, they’d rather have users that do use their products (and upgrade at a later stage) than customers not using their licenses and not upgrading them…
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

sin night wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:17 pm In the Arturia user profile, if a license has been upgraded, there’s an annotation clearly stating it can’t be sold separately (but you can sell both the newer product and the old one). I’m quite sure about this (but I’m on my smartphone at the moment, so I can’t double check at the moment).
It does, I’ve bought an Arturia v4 product (Analog Lab) with an update to v5 secondhand before and they get bundled when transferred to the new user account.

Idk if this was by initiation of the seller but Arturia emailed both of us to confirm the transfer, and in the message confirmed both were being transferred due to not being able to sell an update without the previous version that was upgraded from.

I didn't bother to reply again since imo it’s kinda clear OP can’t be bothered with doing anything other than sitting back and getting paid for an account takeover.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”