iOS v Desktop Synthmaster’s

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KV331 team,
I have purchased (full price) both Synthmaster’s 1&2 and many sound packs for both of them on my iPad, they cost mega $ less than the desktop versions, so, is this the reason why the problems I have repeatedly reported to you over the past couple of years are treated as low priority and that’s why they have not been fixed. For me, music writing and performing using just my iPad and a quality keyboard controller is very important to me, transporting and setting up in venues is ultimately quick and simple compared to years ago, but what is the point of all this when the synth apps I mainly use are YOUR apps and they constantly let me down with broken Midi Learn Parameters and worst of all….the wrong presets being called up by Program Change Messages because the presets have changed their location in their respective banks!
Lucky I have got into the habit of naming each midi track part in Cubasis3 with the preset name of any Synthmaster preset used, other wise my projects would become unusable, how many users can still remember what presets were used in a project a few months ago?
Even though my total expenditure for your products on the App Store is far less compared to desktop price purchases, iOS versions still deserve to be treated as a quality product and therefore should still be reliable.
It’s all very well creating a new Synthmaster 3, but where does that leave us with your older synth apps? abandonware perhaps :shrug:

Hello,

For the midi learn parameters we have export/import feature from the main menu. With this feature you can do the mapping and then save it with a different file name (for example you can map different midi controllers and save each with a different file name). From the same menu you can import the saved file.

I will check the issue with the program change. I think exporting each midi bank to a different file will be helpful

For midi mapping please use the standalone app, and after mapping is complete export the file, you can save it inside the icloud. Then you can import the parameters back anytime you need

Hi IB,
I have imported my saved Midi Mapping into SM in stand-alone mode many times, closed and relaunched it and indeed the mappings do return, but this does not always update the AUv3 instances for the actual Synthmaster versions that I need to respond to CC messaging inside Cubasis 3, I have to manually import the mappings there followed by closing and relaunching Cubasis which is a regular procedure I find annoying.

This happens frequently and randomly and I never know when it’s going to let me down, I also would have to check which SM instance had lost its mapping!
I don’t want to have to perform a ritual of importing Midi Maps in both Stand-alone Synthmaster’s every time I want to use Cubasis3.
You have created a couple of super synths here, surely the faulty mapping bug can be fixed so that I never have to worry about this happening anymore :pray:
IB……I leave it in your capable hands

Hi Multicube: Are you assigning the midi cc's per plugin instance? (instead of global mapping) ?

Thanks
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi kv,
I only ever assigned midi learn Globally, I use the same CC parameters throughout all my projects, I have also imported my saved mappings in stand-alone and AUv3 mode but the results are exactly the same. It might take 3 or 4 days before the parameters start to disappear at random, other times most of them just vanish overnight! The Stand-alone SM would have all parameters in place whilst at the same time the AUv3 SM would have some missing.

Return to “KV331 Audio”