Freestyle 1.6 *Public Beta* now available

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:15 pm My Mac keeps asking for the software to be activated even though I just did it last week.
I'm not sure if your the same user who emailed about this, but in case not here was our reply:
We still haven’t been able to reproduce the issue, but presumably its something to do with different versions of the activation systems used by different versions of of apps as they have been released at different times. So today we have deployed new builds of Granite / Nuance / Vice which brings them all up to using the latest version of the activation system.

You can find these in the user area, marked as the current release candidate.

If this does not fix the issue, then please also try deleting your prefs/cache file for each app. Instructions of that are here:
www.newsonicarts.com/html/knowledge-bas ... lete-cache
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:59 am
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:15 pm My Mac keeps asking for the software to be activated even though I just did it last week.
I'm not sure if your the same user who emailed about this, but in case not here was our reply:
We still haven’t been able to reproduce the issue, but presumably its something to do with different versions of the activation systems used by different versions of of apps as they have been released at different times. So today we have deployed new builds of Granite / Nuance / Vice which brings them all up to using the latest version of the activation system.

You can find these in the user area, marked as the current release candidate.

If this does not fix the issue, then please also try deleting your prefs/cache file for each app. Instructions of that are here:
www.newsonicarts.com/html/knowledge-bas ... lete-cache
Oh okay. No, I haven’t emailed about this yet, but I’ll try using the newest versions. Thanks.

I emailed New Sonic Arts support but thought I would ask here also. Does anyone have the Mac version working since Big Sur? For me opening the standalone app never gets any sound in or out. It doesn't even ask for microphone access in the Privacy & Security preferences. However, if I launch the unix executable through terminal it finds my Apollo Twin just fine and it works correctly.
Sniffing corks hurts my brain

Are there any interesting insights into the next Freestyle update? It's been quiet for a bit.

wvshpr wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:06 pm Are there any interesting insights into the next Freestyle update? It's been quiet for a bit.
Yes we are working on 1.7 and its planned to include VST3 support (Freestyle itself as a VST3, in addition to the existing VST3 hosting) and parameter morphing.
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

hoth wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:03 pm I emailed New Sonic Arts support but thought I would ask here also. Does anyone have the Mac version working since Big Sur? For me opening the standalone app never gets any sound in or out. It doesn't even ask for microphone access in the Privacy & Security preferences. However, if I launch the unix executable through terminal it finds my Apollo Twin just fine and it works correctly.
This Big Sur privacy related issue has been fixed in the public betas for a while, but an official 1.6x release including the fix is imminent.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Andy Spence wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:33 am and parameter morphing.
I'm very happy to hear of this returning...assuming it is Kore-style? This is really my main use of Freestyle, and sad to hear JWH removed it from the beta version because he wasn't happy with it.

On another note, considering NSA doesn't have it's own forum, it seems all discussion/support for any New Sonic Arts is done here at KVR? The thing is, I never know if there are additional threads, or which one I should really look at for the newest features etc. It would be nice to have a 1-stop place for everything NSA.

Until then its scattered....

viewtopic.php?t=565621&start=30
viewtopic.php?t=532296&start=105
viewtopic.php?t=539762&start=150

Am I missing more NSA KRV threads?

greggybud wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:42 pm
Andy Spence wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:33 am and parameter morphing.
I'm very happy to hear of this returning...assuming it is Kore-style? This is really my main use of Freestyle, and sad to hear JWH removed it from the beta version because he wasn't happy with it.

On another note, considering NSA doesn't have it's own forum, it seems all discussion/support for any New Sonic Arts is done here at KVR? The thing is, I never know if there are additional threads, or which one I should really look at for the newest features etc. It would be nice to have a 1-stop place for everything NSA.

Until then its scattered....

viewtopic.php?t=565621&start=30
viewtopic.php?t=532296&start=105
viewtopic.php?t=539762&start=150

Am I missing more NSA KRV threads?
Yes, users familiar with Kore should find it intuitive to use but since it's still in development we're not releasing too much information on it at this time. However, it will be much improved from the beta version.

KVR is excellent for community support and we try to monitor as much as possible but occasionally questions can get missed on here. If you need an official response then we recommend you direct your questions to our support email address where we will try to answer your questions as quickly as possible: support@newsonicarts.com
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “New Sonic Arts”