GX-80 Bugs

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
The "?" in the synth is linking a wrong page.
(error 404).

EDIT: Fixed.

Also some links in the manual (https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... ng-started)
are not working.

Continue to Top Toolbar and Preset Browser section -> Error 404

EDIT: fixed.
Last edited by Chris-S on Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

There's quite a lot of high frequency content in the sine wave. In Gforce's video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV3qDUTVsNo&t=751s at 12:31 in case the embedded viewer doesn't seek to the correct place - the cs-80 sine is pretty pure
Moving the filter env attack level causes the envelope to fully open at times so it's not really possible to use this as a performance control

Do cherry audio fix bugs, btw?

Some of the panel presets seem to be inaccurate.
Example: BRASS 1
Filter attack time compare:
GX-80: 6 ms
ME-80: 89 ms
Arturia CS80-V: 87 ms

Mistake? Or is it to prevent copyright issues with Yamaha? :clown:
Last edited by Chris-S on Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

suthnear wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:12 am There's quite a lot of high frequency content in the sine wave.
indeed... :borg:
gx80sin.png
EDIT:
I compared to Arturia and that looks similar, so I assume it's modelled according to the hardware.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chris-S on Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suthnear wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:12 am Moving the filter env attack level causes the envelope to fully open at times so it's not really possible to use this as a performance control
You can use the LPF or Brill. slider to control the cutoff in realtime.

Filter envelope depth is different to cutoff. It works as expected in Dave Spiers' demo (and the arturia)

Chris-S wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:07 pm I compared to Arturia and that looks similar, so I assume it's modelled according to the hardware.
The sin wave sampled from the video:
cs80sin.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

When assigning the modwheel via midi-learn to VCO mod (for exmpl.) the direction is inversed (full modulation when wheel is in zero position).

In the CS80 manual the two synthlines are called Row and Channel, not Rank. ;)

EDIT: okay, Rank indeed was the terminology on the GX-1.

Return to “Cherry Audio”