VHorns Saxes... anybody get this to work?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just sent a report request on the AS site, but perhaps others can see this and chime in. On Windows 10 here. In both UVI 3.1.5 and 3.1.7 standalone and reaper VST, all I get is a key click sound on key release. MIDI appears to be fine, and the air control slider is operating... just no actual sax sound. Anybody else got these bad boys yet?
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Mm... I think it's a little fidgety, at least on Windows(?)... I happened to load it into Falcon standalone, and after fidgeting with the air control while playing notes (legato?), the sound kicked in. My guess is loading one of these into a sequence isn't going to work... sssooooo... Will get some resolution with AS, perhaps a bugfix is in order.

BTW, they sound great! A lot more "bite" than the SWAM saxes, which I also very much like and have used over the years. But I've always found them to miss a little raspy bite at the high end of the attack. Not sure how to explain it. Having the multi mic setup is a big bonus for dialing in a "fuller" sound. I think VHorns out of the box is better tone, and with a little tweaking of the params, and just a db or two tweak on the EQ, and the mic setup of course, and I was able to get a really full bodied tenor sound in a few minutes (without having played with the params at all prior).

Same issue here. In both UVI standalone (v3.1.7) and Cubase (v11.0.40) only click sound, while VHorns Brass works fine.

In Studio One (v5.5.1) the instrument pane for the Saxes doesn't even appear, again VHrosn Brass working fine here.

Not off to a good start...

Absolutely love the first Vhorns Brass and I thought I'd never find a sax I could stomach. The fact that there are 4 that each sound great is amazing. If I could only get a sound out of them. Nothing works. Glad to see this chat. At least I know it's not on my end. I'll check for updates.

kbaccki wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:02 am I just sent a report request on the AS site, but perhaps others can see this and chime in. On Windows 10 here. In both UVI 3.1.5 and 3.1.7 standalone and reaper VST, all I get is a key click sound on key release. MIDI appears to be fine, and the air control slider is operating... just no actual sax sound. Anybody else got these bad boys yet?
If I swipe my hand down the keyboard (hitting multiple keys) I get sound. Worked with all the saxes. Hopefully there's a proper fix soon.

Hello guys I was able to solve the problem just playing several notes at the same time like the sound is poliphopnic, after some attempts finally the full sound opens up!

We'll fix this very quickly, just give us a couple of hours, sorry for this guys...

It's all fixed, I guess that's what happens when you try to add last minute features...
And it was just one line of code to add, the air was just forced to 0 until a legato was played...

Anyway, it works now, you can download the updated UFS files, I'll send an email to all of the people that got it between the release and now.

Thanks for posting about it!

[quote=thysm00 post_id=8524006 time=1664614697 user_id=179970]
It's all fixed, I guess that's what happens when you try to add last minute features...
And it was just one line of code to add, the air was just forced to 0 until a legato was played...

Anyway, it works now, you can download the updated UFS files, I'll send an email to all of the people that got it between the release and now.

Thanks for posting about it!
[/quote]
Thanks for the quick fix!

I'm still having the same issue with some of the saxes: Alto sax 2, Bari sax 2, Tenor sax 1. The other ones now play fine. Verified that all 4 library files are stamped with today's date.
Anyone else seeing the same?

That's odd... the fix should apply to all of them at the same time, I just checked as well, and some still don't have sound...
I added a failsafe in the code and just re uploaded everything again... this time after checking each preset and everything should work...

Please let me know if everything works, for some reason, I don't really trust myself today ;)

Yep, all 8 are working out of the box now :-) - thanks again for the quick follow-up!

Phhhhheeeewwww... Thanks for letting me know!
Now THAT was a stressful Saturday morning ;)

Just purchased and installed VHorns Saxophones.

Acousticsamples people:

1. On macOS 12.6, when you double-click the AS Installer app, Apple won't launch it. I forgot the exact error message, but it said it can't check for malware. Right-clicking and selecting "Open" does successfully open it, but macOS warns that it lacks a valid code signature. After quitting and re-launching, the error didn't appear.

2. It would be nice if ASInstaller remembered the previously-used destination folder, so that after I installed the Alto sax, I wouldn't have to re-navigate to the same folder for the Bari, Soprano, and Tenor installations.

3. It would be helpful if ASInstaller showed existing libraries in the fourth tab, "Install your library". For example, after I installed the Bari sax, I got distracted and when I returned to ASInstaller I had to leave the app to see which library I'd most recently installed.

4. Please replace the "Power" button in the upper right corner with the text "log out". Or at least provide a tooltip on hover. I've never seen a power button graphic used for login/logout. I discovered its purpose only after clicking it, and then had to log in again.

Thanks!
M1 Max Mac Studio (64GB) - macOS 10.6 || Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4

Works fine here.
Composer, Logic Pro Certified Trainer, Author & Consultant
www.jayasher.com

Return to “AcousticsampleS”