BFD app Crashes When Opening

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've generally had no problems with BFD3 until recently. When trying to run the BFD3 app in standalone mode, it crashes and won't open. It's also not scanning as a plugin in Logic, Komplete or Maschine.

I've completely uninstalled it and done a fresh install, after making sure that there are no residual files on my Mac's hard drive, and the problem remains.

I contacted BFD support and they responded fairly quickly and asked me to send the crash report. I can't open the app, so I can't run a diagnostic report so I copied and pasted the Apple crash report and sent that.

Again, I received a reasonably prompt response and was advised to log out of BFD Licence Manager and log back in and do a fresh install, but same issue remains.

Now the support seems to have slowed down, as I haven't had a response since Thursday.

When I had an issue with Native Instruments, NI support emailed me with a link and instructions on how to run a diagnostic report which I did and the problem was resolved fairly quickly.

There is definitely an issue with the BFD3 installers, as the 2 installers for BFD3 have different version numbers (the BFD3 Software Installer and the BFD3 Content Installer).

However, when I complete the install of the BFD3 Software Installer (without installing the BFD3 Content Installer), it then shows that both the BFD3 Software Installer and the BFD3 Content Installer are installed with the same version number.

??? :roll:

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I have no clue about coding or computer programs in general, but I suspect that part of the problem might be that the latest BFD3 Software Installer update doesn't include the full installer for the app and only provides an update to a previously installed version of the app.

In addition, when uninstalling the BFD3 Software Installer using the BFD Licence Manager, it also uninstalls the BFD Licence Manager, which should be separate from the BFD3 Software installer. I then have to visit the BFD website in order to download the BFD Licence Manager again.

None of it makes any sense to me and despite feeding all of this information back to BFD support, I'm still waiting for a response.

I would really appreciate any help or advice from someone who has had similar issues.

Thanks in advance

Return to “FXpansion”