High PDC values and different values per DAW

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Crusher-X 9.52

the PDC values, of course when Latency is on, are very, very high. i wrote by the way also an email about. i have sometimes cluttered presets, but that must not be the problem. it happens also from INIT presets, i.e. presets i don't make from other, own, presets..

i used Crusher-X a lot standalone, and now also in tracks, it is being used quite a lot, not always i use the latency compensation of Crusher-X, because well, it can be used.

but i need sometimes -of course- that the latency is compensated, but i get very very high values.

and it is different in the DAW's i use, different reports... perhaps i must give screenshots, etc, i will supply them...

but does anyone experience the same thing? in Reaper (6) or Cubase (11 Pro) it isn't a big problem, but in Bitwig Studio, well it has a limit of 2000ms, and most presets are above it...

perhaps it is in the nature of the beast, or i am missing something. but it seems to me that the PDC values are too high..

(i see now that i also included screenshots in my email, and numbers; for instance; Reaper the same preset; 158094 samples; in Cubase 11 Pro; 180037. for a preset from scratch...)

EDIT:

windows 10 pro (up to date, 21H2)
VST3 version of the plugin

With PDC you mean "Plugin Delay Compensation" right?

The PDC value is calculated as an "average" of the delay the current patch is creating - so if e.g. the Delay Offset Grain Modulation value, or it's MOD is high, the PDC will be also high. PDC also depends on the Speed (e.g. higher speed needs a "deeper dive" into the delay buffer).

You can verify this with loading the Reset/Reset patch - that has a PDC of actually 0 (no delay). In case you increase the Delay Offset it will add more and more PDC.

Hope that helps,
Best
accSone

Return to “accSone”