How good are Hornet Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

robindrieghe wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 pm sometimes i feel the urge to buy something but then i think at the very faulty plugin i bought and did not use for a while, when i wanted to use it the refund period was over so i am stuck with a useless plugin and this leaves me sour.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you're sour with HoRNet because you waited too long to get a refund (which most companies do not offer, anyway) for a plugin you possibly didn't demo?

robindrieghe wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 pm sometimes i feel the urge to buy something but then i think at the very faulty plugin i bought and did not use for a while, when i wanted to use it the refund period was over so i am stuck with a useless plugin and this leaves me sour.
Hi, could you please lt us know with a support ticket which issues are you having? if we cannot provide a fix we can offer you a discount on something else!

Saverio

Bodhisan wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:34 pm
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you're sour with HoRNet because you waited too long to get a refund (which most companies do not offer, anyway) for a plugin you possibly didn't demo?
there is no demo and yes, impulse buy for later use.
just like the around 50/60 hardware synths i didnt or barely touched yet but planning too....one day ;)
Last edited by robindrieghe on Tue May 03, 2022 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HoRNet wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:30 am
Hi, could you please lt us know with a support ticket which issues are you having? if we cannot provide a fix we can offer you a discount on something else!

Saverio
hello saverio, its the HoRNet SongKey MK3 that even doesnt guess the tempo. and i mean like 40/50 bpm off.
and no, 4 didnt fix it.

it gets even better, on November 27, 2015 i also bought BSharry Key Detector from hornet, and i never used it, altough it seems usefull for harmonic mixing when dj"ing :D

Do you by any chance confuse Hornet with SKnote? :?

Edit: nope, apparently he doesn't
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

robindrieghe wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:37 pm

Saverio
hello saverio, its the HoRNet SongKey MK3 that even doesnt guess the tempo. and i mean like 40/50 bpm off.
and no, 4 didnt fix it.
Well, it could be useful if you could provide me some examples of material that doesn't get detected correctly. Usually from my tests the BPM counter is 1 or 2 bpm wrong when it gets it wrong, but I've tested it on full songs because the main target of the plugin is to be used by producers/remixers among to understand the song the want to work on but don't know enough music theory.

Saverio

robindrieghe wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:29 pm
robindrieghe wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 pm
it gets even better, on November 27, 2015 i also bought BSharry Key Detector from hornet, and i never used it, altough it seems usefull for harmonic mixing when dj"ing :D
🙃 Well, I guess the good thing is that even if you aren’t able to use SongKey, you’re not out more than a fast food meal.

Bodhisan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:37 pm
robindrieghe wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:29 pm
robindrieghe wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:17 pm
🙃 Well, I guess the good thing is that even if you aren’t able to use SongKey, you’re not out more than a fast food meal. (I don’t know how I goofed up the quote feature - but I am on my phone.) Hey, my first double post! 😜

I have tons of Hornet plugins and find them to be massively useful in mixing. I think at their asking prices they are complete steal. The SW34EQ, AnalogStage, TrackShaper, and Hornet Tape in particular are all over several mixes I've done.

HoRNet wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:10 pm
robindrieghe wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:37 pm

Saverio
and no, 4 didnt fix it.
Well, it could be useful if you could provide me some examples of material that doesn't get detected correctly. Usually from my tests the BPM counter is 1 or 2 bpm wrong when it gets it wrong, but I've tested it on full songs because the main target of the plugin is to be used by producers/remixers among to understand the song the want to work on but don't know enough music theory.

Saverio

it is ok saverio, we discussed it trough a support ticket after i updated to mk4.
dont worry about it. this is my negative experience but im sure you have a lot of good ones too.
its the songkey - flstudio combination.

Love me some hornet plugins! Analog Stage is killer
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Hornet Autogain Pro MK2 is great and just delivers on the promises (Fader Riding) . This thing is also an excellent alternative to Waves Vocal Rider.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:07 pm
Skyfall72 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:33 pm What’s really sticking out and also very educational from hornet is their utility plugins which you can level match, auto gain stage and peak leveling automatically across the mix.
When u apply compression u should level match before n after and Hornet has great plugin for this.
They have plugin to measure overall dynamic range of a song, find out whether your track is ready for mastering, check LUFs and auto EQ for tonal balance and all at an amazing price plus free update and no dongles.
Do you mean the Track Utilities MK2 (which measures peaks and RMS) in combination with the LU Meter MK2 (which measures the LUFS)?

But I'm wondering why this isn't both in ONE plugin :?:

Would be nice to have a goniometer in the Track Utilities, too, to see phase issues!

Isn't the Tonebooster EBU Loudness plugin in the Bus Tools bundle better (at least it's made together with famous -14 LUFS Compyfox and even more famous Bob Katz...:wink:)
if you use PA - UAD - Waves - Slate Audio - SSL - Fab Filter - Sound Toys - Kuassa - Neural DSP - JST Tones - Mercurial - Toneboosters - Blue Cats audio - Moog - Celestion - Kazrog - Arturia - Audiority - Eventide - Borg - Roland - EMU - you have everything above it all
if you want even more pro plugs you have Kush audio, Softube, SIR audio tools, Shwab Audio, oeksound, Noice Ash -etc

then you have the between pro and casual naive musician type of companies, mainstream piano pop junk..like THU, IK multimedia, some Roland junk,

Then you have the sort of risk types, Hornet (almost all not m1 native yet and still 2023) , Arcade, kilohertz, etc, risking buying something that may not be supported, hog CPU, use weird copyright schemes, shut down all together.

For their price, they are perfect.
Just purchased several gain riding plugins from HoRNet just because they are too handy and worthy.(for the price, and I hate how waves charge for annual update fee, so no Vocal Rider)
Actually considering purchasing Sound Radix POWAIR for its leveler function, but I find the leveler module reacts to side-chain input in a very weird way, it turns down the level at a high sc input and vice versa, which is like a ducker rather than a leveler.
I also purchased TBProAudio's GainRider and DynaRide, but they are not that handy and need more tweaks on parameters for a good result.

Return to “Effects”