SM2 v1.0.7 update not fixed a very annoying problem!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ImageI updated Synthmaster 2 to v1.0.7 yesterday, I then reestablished all Midi Learn control to various pots and overnight five Midi Learn controls have disappeared again! This is no joke as it has been going on for too long and it affects so many of my projects!
I purchased Synthmaster 2 with the expectation of having a brilliant sounding synth that I could rely on, but obviously this has not been the case despite my many bug reports and comments on this forum. Why does this problem not exist with other synth apps, why just SM2 and SM1?
You gave us a GUI facility (Midi Learn) that is not usable! I like to use CC control for Amp ADSR, Filter Frequency/Resonance/Volume/Keytrack, Glide.
Another problem that has appeared is “ERROR LOADING SYNTHMASTER 2” when trying to launch Cubasis 3, when it does open, SM2 reverts to default preset, if I then open SM2 to change the preset and I tap “x” to close the app, it just freezes and I have to swipe Cubasis up and restart over again.
Does anyone else have these problems, or perhaps no one bothers programming parameters these days!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hello, sorry about this issue. We will release a new version to fix the midi learn bug very soon. In the mean time you can learn the midi parameters using the standalone app (not multi instance auv3) and when auv3 instances are loaded they will get the correct parameters. Due to a bug, using midi learn from a multi instance auv3 session will overwrite previous changes and yes the parameters may be lost.

The "error loading SynthMaster 2" issue may be related with Cubasis. When run in debug mode, the app does not output any error. Instead of force quiting Cubasis, switching to a different project and then reloading the project that contains SynthMaster2 loads it succesfully most of the times.

Hi,
I have applied Midi Learn to Synthmaster 2 in Stand-alone mode, that didn’t work so I applied Midi Learn in AUv3, that doesn’t work either!
The same problem happens with Synthmaster One!

lb_kv331 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:27 am In the mean time you can learn the midi parameters using the standalone app (not multi instance auv3) and when auv3 instances are loaded they will get the correct parameters. Due to a bug, using midi learn from a multi instance auv3 session will overwrite previous changes and yes the parameters may be lost.
Hi lb,
I re established all Midi Learn parameters last night after reading your post.
At lunchtime today I checked SM2 and guess what…. midi learn parameters were lost again, so, programming in Stand-alone mode is definitely not the answer!

Hi kvraudio team,
Thanks for addressing the Midi Learn problem. I have updated SM2 and instantly re-established all my required Midi Learn Parameters, I now wait with my fingers crossed all is well.
I would like to know what the new RELOAD MIDI MAPPINGS and SAVE SETTINGS tabs in the Preset Selection box are, and when do I need to use them?
Regards Mike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “KV331 Audio”