waldorf largo 64 bit ...osc level knob ..doing nothing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bugfixes mostly. No new features.

Yeah, and no need for the dongle anymore. :)

Anyone else got this error on the my software page? Reported that 2 weeks ago, but no response yet. :(

---------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bjm4tt on Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rommelaar wrote:What's new/better/improved compared with the version I use, the e-licenser version stable win 64 VST3 version, 1.5. something?
Besides other fixes there were two major changes since v1.5:

- Official NKS support for NI Komplete Kontrol and/or Maschine software/hardware (including NKS presets for Largo)
- removal of eLicenser protection and replacement with a simple serial number protection (like already done earlier in Waldor f Edition 2). This is done with all Waldorf plugins now. The serial protection does NOT include a C/R protection so no internet should be necessary.

eLicenser protected installers are no longer available at the MyWaldorf account.
You only receive download links for plugins that are registred to your account.

The account includes a page called "eLicenser conversion" to convert an eLicenser authorization code (the original code received for authorization, not a license stored at an USB eLicenser...) to a new serial number that you could enter in the plugin.
After the conversion you receive an e-mail with the serial and teh product is added to "MYsoftware" ar your MyWaldorf account.
Anyway this will not render your eLicenser protected plugin useless as long as you prefer keeping this installed. Of course the license will also stay at your USB dongle.

Anyway the provided download is only for the new srial protection, not the old eLicenser protection. eLicenser protected installers will no longer be updated with bug fixes etc.

If this (eLicenser conversion) does not work Waldorf support might send you a "Coupon Code" (that is NOT the final serial even if it looks comparable ...) that you use with "Redeem a Coupon Code" at the MyWaldorf account.
Again after registration you will receive an e-mail wit hthe serial and the product will appear at "My Software" in your account.

This is essential for customers of Waldorf Edition 2 that do no longer have access to the download without doing this.

IMPORTANT:
The username (normally your e-mail) and serial after entered in the plugin should be confirmed using the ENTER button at your computer keyboard. The plugin has to be re-started to complete the process.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Heh, accidentally found this topic now.
Guys, i have another question - how you track waldorf software updates ? It's big puzzle for me. Frankly to say, i accidentally saw v1.7.2 today at "internet expanses". Although i an "honest" user for a long time, but sometimes such sources work better than official page newsfeeds, exactly for track new version numbers. Ofcourse i have waldorf account and subscribed to news (i believe :D ), but i get no any info to email.
Fortunately it's rare case, ie usually most vendors share update info properly through email (or facebook for example, that also good), but in waldorf case it's not.

And regarding bugs in the latest releases, wanted to ask - so, what fixes was made since exactly v1.7.0 ? I mean - there is any needs in follow versions, if they just added issues ? There is any info of changes between v170 to 171 ?

1.7.1 didn't exist IIRC, they went straight to 1.7.2, and then the bug from OP of this thread happened, which was fixed in 1.7.3.

So, if i use v1.7.0 then update not make any sense currently ?

FWIW at least in Windows the most easy way to "backup" and/or compare multiple versions is to keep a copy of the VST2 DLL file. You could then simply overwrite the file without the need to use an installer.
You could easily put an ealier version back if you do not like it or if it causes problems.

Same is true for the eLicenser protected plugins that do still work (if the license is already stored on an USB dongle) if you got the corresponding files (Installer or DLL file). Asking Support for a soft eLicenser authorization might no longer work now that the new serial based protection is used.

As alraedy mentioned the eLicenser based plugins/installers will no longer be updated so remaining bugs that are found there will not be fixed which also includes compatibility with future versions of OSX (which was a big PITA in the past and needed specific new updates for certain OSX versions...).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:FWIW at least in Windows the most easy way to "backup" and/or compare multiple versions is to keep a copy of the VST2 DLL file. You could then simply overwrite the file without the need to use an installer.
You could easily put an ealier version back if you do not like it or if it causes problems.
Ingo, i understand, but for what will all this movements if known in advance that v173 contain "known issue" (which not exist in v170 i guess). And again, if there is unknown - what was fixed else since 170. If nothing - then i completely puzzled for why need install 173 :D .
(For just in case - I use already new protection type, ie dongle-free version, Windows).

1.7.3 (the latest version) fixed the osc and filter level knob bug.

Here is the changelog, from version 1.7 to version 1.7.3:
Changes since V 1.7.2

- Fixed a bug that blocked mouse access to knobs inside dual controls (e.g. Ring Modulation)

Changes since V 1.7.1
- New activation screen.
- Minor fixes

Changes since V 1.7

- eLicenser copyright protection removed
- Implementation of new copyright protection
- Minor fixes
Why Waldorf doesn't communicate this? I don't know. Ingo is really the only person here giving some pieces of info on stuff like that. It'd really take 5 minutes to throw out some news, or update the KVR page for Largo with the latest version info.

chk071 wrote:1.7.3 (the latest version) fixed the osc and filter level knob bug.

Here is the changelog, from version 1.7 to version 1.7.3:
Changes since V 1.7.2

- Fixed a bug that blocked mouse access to knobs inside dual controls (e.g. Ring Modulation)

Changes since V 1.7.1
- New activation screen.
- Minor fixes

Changes since V 1.7

- eLicenser copyright protection removed
- Implementation of new copyright protection
- Minor fixes
Ok, thanks for clarify. So, as i understood, the main thing here is "Minor fixes". (The lower paragraph could not be mentioned, since i already use 170.)
EDIT
Well, i I mean that this issue "- Fixed a bug that blocked mouse access to knobs inside dual controls (e.g. Ring Modulation)" not exist in 170 also. Though need check, but It seems i not noticed this behavior before. Then remains only "minor fixes"
Last edited by c_voltage on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, although i have no idea what exactly was fixed. :) But, from what i can tell, it's safe to upgrade, and everything (well, at least the stuff i tried) works fine.

chk071 wrote:Yeah, although i have no idea what exactly was fixed. :) But, from what i can tell, it's safe to upgrade, and everything (well, at least the stuff i tried) works fine.
Hmm, but what about
* KNOWN ISSUE - filter cutoff and resonance knobs do not respond to mouse input

That was a joke from ED. :D

chk071 wrote:That was a joke from ED. :D
Oh damn :dog: :oops:

Return to “Instruments”