Studio One Artist/Prime: will either/both work with a preexisting license for Melodyne Essentials?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Subject summarises it.

I have a license for Melodyne Essentials 4, I'd like to try Studio One for tracking/comping/tuning vocals (I usually live in FL or Ableton). Does anyone know if my license will work in Prime, if not will it work in Artist? I know I could download Prime and try it - perhaps I'm avoiding the potential disappointment/frustration...

Thanks.

I have S1 Prime and Melodyne Essentials. Couldn't find any options or commands to edit with Melodyne. Seems it's not available.

You ought to be able to use your Melodyne as a plug-in, but if your DAW hasn't got ARA, you won't get all the nicer stuff.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions about Prime. I noticed that the OEM version of Artist (bundled with non Presonus interfaces) didn't have Melodyne so I guessed that Prime probably wouldn't allow it.

So I'm still uncertain about Artist, anyone know if I can enter my serial from an existing Melodyne license and use the integrated Melodyne Essentials in Studio One Artist?

Seems likely it will work with Artist. I went another route in the end...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”