New Sonar Platinum Update

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR Platinum

telecharge wrote:
coolbass wrote: Here is at least the 2nd one.
Oh well, I'll just take my lumps then. Image
I wasn't impressed with anyone on that last page I just read, so... [shrug] As it was for me, maybe the Cakewalk culture is just not for you. Getting irritated at the company doesn't help us because there are always new customers to replace us. Their history is... consistently inconsistent... and it's understandable to get frustrated if you've not gotten much satisfaction. But their culture isn't one to ever resolve long-standing issues. Every couple years it's a new management expecting us to treat the current company as if there's been no history. If that doesn't work for you, pass em on.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: I wasn't impressed with anyone on that last page I just read, so... [shrug]
Careful, at least one of them is posting in this thread. Apparently, he was so moved by the Sonar thread that he decided to make his first post here in the KVR forums. :D
Jace-BeOS wrote: As it was for me, maybe the Cakewalk culture is just not for you. Getting irritated at the company doesn't help us because there are always new customers to replace us. Their history is... consistently inconsistent... and it's understandable to get frustrated if you've not gotten much satisfaction. But their culture isn't one to ever resolve long-standing issues. Every couple years it's a new management expecting us to treat the current company as if there's been no history.
I don't really care about their culture. I just want support/customer service within a reasonable amount of time.
Jace-BeOS wrote: If that doesn't work for you, pass em on.
Already heading in that direction. I've invested a lot of my time and money in Cakewalk, so I'm not ready to let go so easily.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

telecharge wrote:
coolbass wrote: Here is at least the 2nd one.
Oh well, I'll just take my lumps then. Image
And here was me, just about to apologise for my snarkiness. :hihi:

I haven't tried to contact Cakewalk support recently, so I'm in no position to understand your frustration. Hopefully, it's true that they're getting their act together and you can get on with using and enjoying Sonar.

In a way it's interesting -- in a good way -- to see so many take shots at this DAW. After tooling around with the CA-2A on macOS I can say I am wholeheartedly looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the Mac with this DAW. The plugin is almost as good as the UAD versions, and word has it elsewhere better than Wave (I don't own) or IK.

Regardless, with all the dissent here, maybe it will be high time for Cakewalk to focus 80% or their resources on creating a powerhouse on the Mac and leave all those with sour grapes -- and there are clearly lots of you -- behind.

I am a Logic guy through and through and plan to test drive this DAW upon release on macOS. If the tech is anywhere near as good as the compressor just released for free, I might go all-in.

Here's to some new Mac blood!
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

musiclover55547 wrote: Regardless, with all the dissent here, maybe it will be high time for Cakewalk to focus 80% or their resources on creating a powerhouse on the Mac and leave all those with sour grapes -- and there are clearly lots of you -- behind.

I am a Logic guy through and through and plan to test drive this DAW upon release on macOS. If the tech is anywhere near as good as the compressor just released for free, I might go all-in.

Here's to some new Mac blood!
FWIW, I posted this in the Sonar forum a month ago.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3487721

I didn't venture in to the most recent Sonar for Mac thread, for obvious reasons.

Not defending Sonar (don't care really, no dog in this fight) but sometimes it's hard to tell the wheat from the chaff.

Somewhere in those types of ... discussions... there is a guy or gal who legitimately needs tech support and is legitimately having trouble getting it... and somewhere in there are always people just piling on. Unless a person states their need explicitly, it's often hard to tell which is which.

I mean, a feature (legitimately, actually) demonstrably not working the way it should work technically isn't even really a tech support question, it's a bug report. Tech support can't fix bugs, they can only confirm and document them.

The Early Access Program is Now Live for the Upcoming Release of SONAR 2016.10
http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-Early-Acc ... 01363.aspx

"Cakewalk" 2016.10 is now available - Check your Cakewalk account or Command Center
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-2016 ... 03991.aspx

Im slightly confused by the conflict between 'now available' and 'coming soon' in that announcement. For one thing is 'soon' within this update cycle or not? And is the other stuff mentioned, eg the z3ta+ update 'now' or 'soon'?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Im slightly confused by the conflict between 'now available' and 'coming soon' in that announcement. For one thing is 'soon' within this update cycle or not? And is the other stuff mentioned, eg the z3ta+ update 'now' or 'soon'?
My z3ta+ updated so I'd say 'now'.

Grum.

Nice. Always happy to see a Z3TA update. :) For anyone wondering, here is a rough mention of the changes: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowled ... ents#Z3TA2 No idea if there are actual release notes.

chk071 wrote:Nice. Always happy to see a Z3TA update. :) For anyone wondering, here is a rough mention of the changes: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowled ... ents#Z3TA2 No idea if there are actual release notes.
Nice to see any update but still no VST2 on Mac is dreadful.

I'm not really familiar with Mac. Is Logic actually the only DAW which uses AU?

chk071 wrote:I'm not really familiar with Mac. Is Logic actually the only DAW which uses AU?
No, just the DAW that only uses AU ;)

Alright. So you have a host which is only able to handle VST2, but not AU on Mac?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”