Arturia Stage 73, Wurli V2, Piano V

AAS Lounge Lizard, IL Drumxxx, AAS Tasman

NUSofting Modelonia
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

AAS Strum Electric and Acoustic.

Ableton Liv 9 Suite includes some modified AAS physical modelling plugins too:
- Electric : E-Piano
- Tension : String modelling
- Collision : Percussion modelling (e.g.Mallet, Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Bells etc.)

All 3 are fully programmable wit ha bunch of modelling parameters.

Collision has a selection of 7 "Resonators" to produce sound (besides the "Mallet" and other sections) and has 1 or 2 Resonators with quiet a lot of parameters:

I did load a Vibraphone preset and jsut changed the Resonator type which already gives a huge differnce in the resulting sound. The "Pipe" resonator even seems to be usable for bass sounds.
with the "Pipe" it seems to be possible to build something like the custom made percussion instruments used by the Blue Man Group.
To use the example above something like the radius of the Resonator tube obviously has an influence on the sound which is something you already know from teh "real world".

Anyway at the moment i am far from being an expert in programming physical modelling. Some of those instruments got a big amount of parameters that could be confusing if you are used to "normal" synths.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

oooh, another 'list some synths' thread. exciting.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:oooh, another 'list some synths' thread. exciting.
Well, this is about physical modelling so it is a bit differnt than the usal ones IMO.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

electro wrote: Wallander Instruments WIVI
http://wallanderinstruments.com/?mode=products&lang=en
...this one isn't based on physical modeling AFAIK

Krakatau wrote:
I have not used it myself but based on what i found so far those seem to be modelled.

Possible that like with 4Front TruePianos both modelling and samples are involved.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:oooh, another 'list some synths' thread. exciting.
Well, this is about physical modelling so it is a bit differnt than the usal ones IMO.
in pointlessness, no.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ingonator wrote:
Krakatau wrote:
I have not used it myself but based on what i found so far those seem to be modelled.

Possible that like with 4Front TruePianos both modelling and samples are involved.
well...as far as i know it seems to be a kind of additive synthesis, ,,,as is in its own way synful orchestra

Krakatau wrote:well...as far as i know it seems to be a kind of additive synthesis, ,,,as is in its own way synful orchestra
That's right. Wallander does refer to "behavioural modelling", but this is along similar lines to Samplemodelling. It's not attempting to model a physical system directly but the sound it makes.

Return to “Instruments”