Dude, Females Don't Like Your Videos

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nigel... he's the one that looks like Jeff Beck, right? The one that has a guitar amp that goes to 11?

Anyways, about the data sharing, if other video maker's data is similar to mine then I and maybe other video makers can maybe stop thinking "dude you are a freak". We would all be freaks. And that would equate to none of us video makers are freaks? The "opposite gender" (is that less offensive than "females"?) may just be bored stiff by videos about VST plugins? In my case, maybe that small 5 percent that I presume didn't care about those music-making tool videos do care about music or song videos? If that's the case, I may focus more on creating song videos (if time permits) instead of just testing so many VST plugins from the Developers Challenge. I don't know when I shifted from "making videos of my fecal songs" to "make a billion videos about VST plugins from the Developers Challenge".

You can call it pandering but honestly I want my songs to be exposed. Even if they suck at the moment. Don't you want exposure for your songs too? No? Why is your songs on YouTube then? You don't have your songs on YouTube? Other places then? If musicians didn't want exposure, everyone's mp3 and CD collection would be empty? And if Jimmy Page's or David Bowie's ego and drive is what ultimately got their music in my music selection what do I care as long as I enjoy those songs? A Jimmy Page that didn't have ego would not probably be able to create Stairway To Heaven? Yeah yeah, lots of people hate that song, but lots of people love it too. If people (male or female) don't like one's music creation then yeah one doesn't have to change one's music creation, just a chance to be seen or heard is the thing. And if that involves understanding and using analytics or info provided by YouTube then what's wrong with that? Would any musician keep making music if that musician is the last human on Earth? I suppose some might, just because it's fun, but is it so wrong to want to be appreciated by other humans too? Hahaha, yes I realise I am sounding like that "leave Britney alone" entity. Oooh I veered off again. Gots a veery mind, I guess. So how about it fellow/fellowess video makers... share that viewership ratio data? Please?

To show that I am serious and not just "fu**ing with" y'all, I will share what my YouTube Analytics page today looks like. If you are a video maker... how hard can it be to log in and check that page? Slightly harder than the average poll here at KVR?

ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Women make up a minority of the audience to begin with. In order to attract a majority female audience you would need to not only very strongly appeal to distinctly feminine tastes but also repel the male segment of the audience!

The fact is the majority of people who have time to sit alone in front of a phone/tablet/whatever all day watching crap on youtube are teenage boys. Loners. Social rejects.

The market is much more diverse these days in some areas but as far as VST plug-ins go? Sausage-fest is an understatement. Plenty of women enjoy a mug of beer and a plateful of bratwurst. This is more like the men's toilet in a hairy biker gay bar.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Examples of significant sexual skews:

Hmm...
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.

This thread is so ridiculous I don't know where to start.

Have you ever met any non-internet female (woman seems too difficult concept for the case)? How many of them would ever bother about mere existence of plugins or libraries? :shrug:

Try posting some cats.
Or just perform topless (Don't forget the tan).
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

If you make a video with the description "OMG!!! AMAZING Adele cover version by hOt, sensitive Finnish guy - MUST SEE!!!!!" and somehow manage to make it appear in the suggested videos column next to an Adele video, I'm sure you'd get a couple of million views.

That's true, come to think of it. Also, I actually don't personally know any women that are into making music. I once knew a model wannabe though. She was a looker even without make-up.

What is, is what is. I can't be making videos about what I don't know. I don't know anything about lipstick and applying make-up, etc. Females don't want to see males doing tutorials on that? Not even from the members of the rock group KISS? According to Google, that's what females are watching most at YouTube: other female video makers making make-up video tutorials. Me, I'm back to making videos about VST plugins, I guess. And making stupid songs. But first I am going to get some sleep. Night night, y'all. Oh hey wait, it just came to me that the pics above and this whole topic is similar or somehow tied to the subject of brain plasticity and also this "such-a-male" Weezer song:

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide
I've got a 12-sided die
I've got Kitty Pryde
And Nightcrawler too
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

I've got posters on the wall
My favorite rock group KISS
I've got Ace Frehley
I've got Peter Criss
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

I've got an electric guitar
I play my stupid songs
I write these stupid words
And I love every one
Waiting there for me
Yes I do, I do

In the garage
I feel safe
No one cares about my ways
In the garage
Where I belong
No one hears me sing this song
In the garage
In the garage

In the garage
I feel safe
No one cares about my ways
In the garage
Where I belong
In the garage
I feel safe
No one laughs about my ways
In the garage
Where I belong
No one hears me
No one hears me
No one hears me
No one hears me
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

aciddose wrote: The fact is the majority of people who have time to sit alone in front of a phone/tablet/whatever all day watching crap on youtube are teenage boys. Loners. Social rejects.
Almost everybody is using internet and computers these days. Its definitely not like when I was a youngster calling Bulletin Boards Systems with a 14.4k modem, haha. Every female I know is using their phone / tablet / computer to some extent and some do even have the time to watch crap on youtube all day. And they're all "normal" women with social life etc
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

If you want to attract the social reject female you should watch the movie "Mean Girls" and then start a clique modeled after the main characters on Facebook.

Women do not watch a string of 15 youtube videos about VST plug-ins or video games (in terms of minecraft or something) or the other stuff you tubby loners are into.

Can someone please explain to the OP (as I've tried to do twice now) that he really has absolutely no real idea what the percentage of female viewers is for his videos.

He's basing this whole argument on self-reported data, which is pretty much the worst kind there is (short of whatever method Trump uses to get his "data"). Anyone going to his videos can claim to be whichever sex they want.

When creating Google/Gmail/YouTube accounts, users can also claim to be "Other" sex, and we have no idea how--or IF--Google's stats reflect "Other" as a sex. If people choose "Other" (for any reason, including NOT being targeted for advertising), who's to say Google's stats don't just show that as "Male"?

Further, the OP has absolutely no idea how visitors who don't have Google/Gmail/YouTube accounts are being counted. Are they just considered "Male" by default? Or is the OP relying upon Google's trackers to glean the visitors sex from other sites where s/he may have registered? Again, that's faulty at best.

If the OP was really that concerned, he could post a survey for the people who visit the site, and ask them whatever he wants to know.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

You're correct Steve, although I think you are overlooking the fact that this very significant skew does exist in the audience.

The numbers on youtube may not be entirely accurate. None-the-less I'm sure you're aware that Google is a corporation which makes hundreds of billions of dollars in the data business.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/25 ... ebook.html

How accurate would you say a head-count of the sample taken in the photographs I've posted might be?

Which has a higher proportion of males: NAMM or a ****ing topless gay bar?

NAMM has a few female participants but to me it looks as if in comparison NAMM makes the "old boys club" look a lot like a ladies hair salon.

aciddose wrote:You're correct Steve, although I think you are overlooking the fact that this very significant skew does exist in the audience.

The numbers on youtube may not be entirely accurate. None-the-less I'm sure you're aware that Google is a corporation which makes hundreds of billions of dollars in the data business.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/25 ... ebook.html

How accurate would you say a head-count of the sample taken in the photographs I've posted might be?

Which has a higher proportion of males: NAMM or a ****ing topless gay bar?
Yep, I agree with you. And Google does make hundreds of billions of dollars selling "big data". But they (and others) sell it to people who 1) know what they're buying, and 2) know what to do with it. And these customers don't take all of their information for any one data-set from ONE report.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

aciddose wrote:Examples of significant sexual skews:

Hmm...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of these gender lines are artificial. Created by culture. It's presumption as to what each group should or should not like/dislike, do/not do, etc. If you want to benefit from models of the gender marketing world, you have to promote those arbitrary presumptions about people.

This is why (among other reasons) I hate marketing and would never try to market myself: I have zero interest in furthering gender line bullshit. I want to see, for example, people stop telling their children they can't become guitar players because it's a "boy thing" (per a recent Facebook story I saw), and stop seeing gamer-boys, computer-tech boys, and music tech boys acting in such ways that make women feel so uncomfortable that they have zero motive to participate in technical fields, where it's made clear (by an asshole vocal minority) that women aren't wanted in the boys' "safe male space"...

So, use the marketing crap all you like, but you're just feeding the system that supports and promotes the gender-line divisions you're trying to understand so you can market your wares.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Most of these gender lines are artificial. Created by culture. It's presumption as to what each group should or should not like/dislike, do/not do, etc. If you want to benefit from models of the gender marketing world, you have to promote those arbitrary presumptions about people.

This is why (among other reasons) I hate marketing and would never try to market myself: I have zero interest in furthering gender line bullshit. I want to see, for example, people stop telling their children they can't become guitar players because it's a "boy thing" (per a recent Facebook story I saw), and stop seeing gamer-boys, computer-tech boys, and music tech boys acting in such ways that make women feel so uncomfortable that they have zero motive to participate in technical fields, where it's made clear (by an asshole vocal minority) that women aren't wanted in the boys' "safe male space"...

So, use the marketing crap all you like, but you're just feeding the system that supports and promotes the gender-line divisions you're trying to understand so you can market your wares.
+1 :tu:

And thanks for the informative article, skipscada.

Steve

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”