Can Renoise carry a held note through another pattern at this point?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! I am wondering if this is possible I believe that you couldn't hopefully this has changed?

Thanks,

it keeps till the next "OFF"

ps. cross pattern automation is still an issue, you have to use some generator like https://www.renoise.com/tools/automasher for this (and if u change the order of the patterns ... so worth to put the long ones into phrases )
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

yul wrote:Hello! I am wondering if this is possible I believe that you couldn't hopefully this has changed?

Thanks,
I don't remember it not being able to do that. How long ago was this when you last tried? Or are you talking about moving automatically/continuously through patterns while editing? If so there is a little toggle button at the bottom of the Pattern Editor to enable/disable this feature.

Hey thanks for your responses! It's been quite a while actually so I guess a good refresh was needed.

Glad to hear that's not an issue.

May I also ask about audio?

I think THAT was the issue where it wasn't possible for audio sample to go over a pattern.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!!

yul wrote:Hey thanks for your responses! It's been quite a while actually so I guess a good refresh was needed.

Glad to hear that's not an issue.

May I also ask about audio?

I think THAT was the issue where it wasn't possible for audio sample to go over a pattern.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks!!
Audio samples play from pattern to pattern.

Also, all audio samples have an Autoseek playback option which (when enabled) means Renoise tracks the sample's play position; allowing you to pause, edit, and jump around patterns all the while hearing the (Autoseek-enabled) sample at it's correct (time-line) position when Renoise is playing; no sample retriggering required. Very useful for long audio files that span multiple patterns.

yeah used the 'autoseek' button and your samples will cross pattern lines in their playability...

Autoseek is very important on phrase level too, especially if u set the key-tracking to offset to do some (can be cross-pattern thx to autoseek) sample and/or phrase position based fx automation magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfJcFZ4pTw

so yepp phrase can be triggered without any triggering note to thx to autoseek (as u can at end of the video)
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Wondering when there is the next update.
Would like to see the possebilety to add more then just on vst path.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”