Using a midi keyboard as control surface and Instrument simultaneously

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought a korg taktile 49 and have been playing around with it as a control surface. It works pretty well, but I am unable to play my VSTi's while i have it set up as a control surface. Is there any way that I can use it as a control surface and as an instrument simultaneously? Typically, I do most of my work point and click. It's not totally necessary to have it set up this way, but I wanted to at least try the all in one approach and see how i like it. Thanks

Shouldn't be difficult to set up depending on your DAW.

Let me elaborate a bit. Im using logic pro X. The reason I ask this question is because the Korg taktile comes with an already premade profile for Logic which has a lot of really interesting and smart controls. Many of which can be scrolled through and chosen directly on the keyboard. The only problem I am facing is that I can't play anything on an instrument track while it's in controller mode and the only way to turn it off of controller mode is to completely remove it as a controller. It seems counter intuitive to have to do that every time I want to play something. Im not sure what the point of using a keyboard as a control surface is if you can't use it as a keyboard simultaneously.

Sorry. I'm not familiar with PT, but that doesn't seem right. With my RemoteSL selected as a control surface in Live, when I arm a midi track I can play the vsti from the controller. Works similarly with Push, and every other midi keyboard I've used.

Well you use *miditrix* to route the keyboard, but you must install two virtual midi ports *loopMidi* you let your vsti "host/daw" listen to the first virtual device and the thing you want to control *hardware/software* listen to the other.

I see you use a daw if it have multiple input ports you probably could have your two virtual there.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”