New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

lolilol1975 wrote:So the delay is more or less D16 Sigmund
Apparently it's a new vintage modelling plugin. Check out's d16's home page...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:but I ain't renting :uhuhuh:
I know how you feel and agree. But... but... but... $15 a month? Damn, that's a lot of plugin for very little outlay. Even after a year it's next to bugger all. Very hard to resist. Or of course, I could get Waves Silver for just $10 a month. Oh decisions, decisions*

* Sarcasm
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Is this serious? http://slatedigital.com/slate-digital-fg-x-review/

FG-X "reviewed" by the slatedigital? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This takes marketing to a whole new level.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Hmmm... Comparing the aforementioned "Repeater"-PlugIn from D16 with this one http://www.voxengo.com/product/tempodelay/ makes my choice easy... :)
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

cprompt wrote:
I know how you feel and agree. But... but... but... $15 a month? Damn, that's a lot of plugin for very little outlay. Even after a year it's next to bugger all.
"Bugger all" is a relative term :shrug:

Give me rent-to-own (even with a small markup), and we can talk

ganym3d wrote:Hmmm... Comparing the aforementioned "Repeater"-PlugIn from D16 with this one http://www.voxengo.com/product/tempodelay/ makes my choice easy... :)
To me, at a very quick glance, the most interesting thing about the new slate/D16 thing is the emulation aspect. Have no idea why this Voxengo delay would get mentioned in the same 'breath' :shrug:

Nimrod7 wrote:Subscription to Everything Bundle went down to $14.99. Resist that...
Resisted...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

bmanic wrote:Is this serious? http://slatedigital.com/slate-digital-fg-x-review/

FG-X "reviewed" by the slatedigital? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This takes marketing to a whole new level.
That is actually unbelievable..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
cprompt wrote:
I know how you feel and agree. But... but... but... $15 a month? Damn, that's a lot of plugin for very little outlay. Even after a year it's next to bugger all.
"Bugger all" is a relative term :shrug:

Give me rent-to-own (even with a small markup), and we can talk

have to agree

That review is from MusicRadar

lolilol1975 wrote:So the delay is more or less D16 Sigmund with a new skin
It has about nothing in common with Sigmund - besides both being delay fx of course.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

kelvyn wrote:Wow! Slate is really killing the competition right now.
!

:hihi: :lol: :hihi:

In your dreams fanboi, in your dreams alone.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
!

Actually, not "fanboy-ism" at all here, jens.

Slate currently offers 25+ (or is it 30+ now?) plugins in this bundle, and some of them are from third parties (Scuffham, RELAB, now a collab with D16 and LiquidSonics) that cost about 200-400bucks each themselves.

Compared to what the competition has to offer, that is(!) a frigging steal. You don't pay 30-50 or even 100bucks a month and only get re-hashed/screen-size wasting tools (looking at you, Waves!), or just one host for like 1,5 years, neither does the usability end the day you stop the subscription (AXIS Plugins)... There are quality modules among the bunch, and some misses, with 2-4 new modules or company collaborations as add-on per year...

But in general... 15USD... that's absolutely killer and under-bids the subscription model competition left and right (definitely aims at budget musicians/studios). So there is currently a lot(!) of movement in that section - which is a good thing since "subscription" seems to be all the rage lately.

Now if only Slate would start a "we collect your funds, and after a while you can use up that amount for any plugin you like" system like Xfer Records currently does with the rent-to-own model...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Wonder whether these fit into the VMR rack or stay outside.

jens wrote:
!

Not really. If you do a comparison, no doubt it is really a very good deal.

At 180$/year, you get a shitload of quality plugins for the price of a single midrange to high end plugin. If you live off music, just upgrading regularly your current set of plugins will often cost you more than that. Slate is indeed killing the competition with this offer. They are forcing Waves to reevaluate their joke of a subscription model. I don't even want to mention Flux.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”