SoundToys 5.1 update with new free EQ "Sie-Q"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

What's a 'Gear stream notifier'?

aMUSEd wrote:What's a 'Gear stream notifier'?
no clue :help:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Very nice silky highs... Subtle buss sweetening EQ.
Thanks SoundToys! :party:

There is a streaming news button:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stardustmedia wrote:
Installed now - it's a little button that provides you news from Soundtoys - rather pointless tbh and I don't really like the idea of my plugins having a permanent online connection to a news feed. What a waste of developer time. Wonder if you can hide it?

It's a little red button:::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuamSKIvhcA

I take this opportunity to express my hatred and all my contempt for the iLock... -_-

Turello wrote:I take this opportunity to express my hatred and all my contempt for the iLock... -_-
You don't need iLok for Soundtoys, just install software iLok.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It also tells you when there is a new version available.

not a waste of time for all concerned.

rsp

aMUSEd wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:
Installed now - it's a little button that provides you news from Soundtoys - rather pointless tbh and I don't really like the idea of my plugins having a permanent online connection to a news feed. What a waste of developer time. Wonder if you can hide it?
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:It also tells you when there is a new version available.

rsp

aMUSEd wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:
I have email for that.

And they don't really update that often so most of the time it's just doing nothing.

Do you have any idea of how many tech support calls are moot if the user indeed was running the latest version?

Just look at the support forums just on kvr itself.
Not all users may be as diligent as you.

rsp

aMUSEd wrote:

rsp

aMUSEd wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:
I have email for that.

And they don't really update that often so most of the time it's just doing nothing.
sound sculptist

Threw this on the main bus on a couple songs that I've been working on and it sounds fantastic. I can't believe they gave this out for free.

neverwhere2410 wrote:Threw this on the main bus on a couple songs that I've been working on and it sounds fantastic. I can't believe they gave this out for free.

They have given a boatload of great free stuff out.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

First I felt lucky to have the Soundtoys 5 bundle to get this EQ for free, but soon found it's actually free for everyone (for a limited time though) :dog:
anyways thanks Soundtoys.

zvenx wrote:Do you have any idea of how many tech support calls are moot if the user indeed was running the latest version?

Just look at the support forums just on kvr itself.
Not all users may be as diligent as you.

rsp

aMUSEd wrote:

rsp

aMUSEd wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:
I have email for that.

Hope they'll give the option to turn it off.
Have it on by default for the less diligent if you want...

If anyone else gets the forwarding loop at http://soundtoys.com/acct/ that redirects to /acct and vice versa, try: http://soundtoys.com/acct/?foo=1

Return to “Effects”