Oxygen49 Mystery frustration

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I shall cut tot he chase here because this problem has been so frustrating to say the least.
Currently my Oxygen49 decides to turn off the midi ports and all midi function of itself whenever it feels like it. I go into tracktion 7, battery, harmor, NI kontakt player and it works fine. then i go back perhaps a day, a few hours, a few minutes later and the midi function of it has disabled completely, but even worse IT WILL NOT TURN BACK ON. the only answer i get for this is when i hover my mouse over the oxygen49 in traction 7 and reveal a small popup box saying ''couldnt open device'' for the output and ''couldnt open midi port'' for the input. the only solution to this is to reinstall it via device manager, but only to rediscover the exact same problem again, and again, and again, and again. I have tried reinstalling all my software but the problem remains, i have tried using the USB cable from my focusrite solo but the problem remains. i have tried turning the oxygen off and on again but the problem remains. could this be an actual hardware issue or am i missing something here because i have tried everything i know.

=(

Sounds very frustrating indeed. But Before you kick the Oxygen49 out the door I would suggest you try to figure out if it is really the keyboard causing this issue. It takes two to tango. It could also be Tracktion causing the loss of midi Connection. If you don't have a friend that can borrow you Another midi keyboard you could install Another free DAW. There are plenty of simple and free ones. Then you can connect your Oxygen49 with that test DAW and see if it keeps loosing the midi Connection. If you didn't already try, you could also change USB port in your computer to see if that could be the issue.

For sure it could be a hardware issue. You mentioned you tried to change USB Cable so you could tick that off the list. Any midi keyboard have a midi/USB interface and other IC's inside.

Best of luck with your trouble shooting.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I have tried other USB ports and still i get the same issue. i dont see the point in trying another daw because it does this even if i open battery, or IL harmor in standalone. the midi just decided to cut out no matter what software im using. iv had the keyboard for nearly a year now and it has worked perfectly with tracktion until recently. just a moment ago it decided to suddenly let me turn it on in the battery midi settings even though about 30 mins prior it just didnt want to work at all. and now it has decided to cut out again and not let me turn it on. yesterday i uninstalled and reinstalled all my software and the oxygen and all was well once again, until today. you must understand dude this is something that is very random, its not like i can pin point it because it happens when it feels like it.

Are you running windows? Maybe try rolling back the last update, if your computer had one recently, to see if it will fix the issue.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

The thing is windows can see my device and always has. my focusrite solo works just fine and so do all my other USB devices. the mystery of it all comes down to a few things.

1 it happens randomly
2 Its only the midi function thats effected, the power remains
3 It effects all software so i cannot limit it to a software issue.
4 it will work fine after a driver reinstall, only to crap out again at any random time.

I seriously cannot pin point it at all

=(

Are you on windows 10? I have the same issue with USB ports when using hard drives and some other devices (disconnect and then instantly reconnect), the identical hardware was fine on windows 7. The solutions always stated for the problem are to go into your power profile and disable USB selective suspend, and then also track though device manager - go through all USB ports and switch off power saving for each port and also any usb devices listed in other sections. It works for many people but not for my problem unfortunately.

Im actually using windows 7. the problem im having has only recently just come out of no where as things have been just fine for months

If it's connected via USB make sure that USB aren't set to go to sleep when they decide to. In Power Options there is a USB selective suspend setting make sure it's on disable.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”