Teppichleger (by Aggregati Musika)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ-Superherpes wrote: The last „explanation“ i could imagen - this is a yosemite/reaktor 6 missunderstooding, but i have no yosemite anymore and in capitan its fine.
Maybe its only a graphic-glitch: does this cpu-consumption also appears in the task-manager?
It looks like it does...

secretkillerofnames wrote:Should I upgrade to El Crapitan or wait for Sierra?
Sierra will come next week, so its maybe a little bit double-work to install capitan for a week???
But otherwise i mostly wait for the first update of each new OS, so it can take somme weeks longer.
And this automatic-trash/buffer to icloud feature i would of course deactivate.

But except this all news in sierra should not effect any audio-app, capitan was such an OS doing this (and it took months that all SW was nominate for it), but sierra is the "toc-step" (no deep engine-changings and all soft should work with the first release, but who knows?).
I guess siri is a feature i want miss!

Anyway this is how TL (your critical flex) looks and work in capitan (btw i have actiavate the global-fx)
(Take a look between the reaktor meter (only showing audio-processes) and the osx-meter, showing audio and gfx! (I have a 5k-screen with high-resoultion-extrem-much-pixel-settings, so it takes some extra-percent, but yeah, this is showing only one core, all others are not influenced by this)
R5.jpg
a little bit more with Reaktor 6
R603.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DJ-Superherpes wrote:
secretkillerofnames wrote:Should I upgrade to El Crapitan or wait for Sierra?
Sierra will come next week, so its maybe a little bit double-work to install capitan for a week???
I guess I was thinking of installing ElCap and sitting on it until I hear that Sierra is stable. Am going to download it anyway so that the option is there. :)

Yes, Some patches were hitting my cpu very hard. So I sort of gave up using it.

2013 Mac Pro, El Cap, Logic X, Reaktor6
DJ-Superherpes wrote:@secret
got your mail. I will take a deeper look at this today.

Does anybody else have issues with the cpu-consumption?

@KY
indeed, thats true: there are only the banks I-IV filled with unique flex- presets, the others are, just random, resp. taken from another places.
In the next update there will come several master-snaps (each with 64 unique flex).
"Freedom inhibits creativity" Brian Eno

@aesthete

Thx for informing.
Seems to be a little mysterious problem with R6 itself, if you got it also with el capitan.
Hm, i can not reproduce it with the R6-player - on my 2015 imac all is fine.
(do you use reaktor 603 and the last capitan version ??? - If yes, its really obscure!!!).

But anyway, as you and also secret mentioned the issues are only relevant for some flex (patches) and will not appear anymore, if you copy a valid flex (patch) to this field and edit it than/there.

But anyway, this is a big misbehavior, i will bring a interim-update with only some new/replaced Mastersnaps / Flex and the new stuff from the just now updated Effekthascher. (BTW: if you did not get the email with all relevant infos for the update and you are an owner of EH, write me an email).

The TL-interim-update will including nothing more. Just "fixed" MS / Flex and a little bit stuff from the new EH.
But please give me some days, to adapt this.

In the meantime use this "hack": copy/paste a valide flex to a critical one and save (double-click) the whole MS.
Dont forget to overwrite the ensemble!

______
Does anybody have already experiences with the brandnew sierra? I´m still waiting for the first update.

I upgraded to El Cap the other day and it is still happening.
I had it happen with some patches I'd already fixed after I used "Random".
I need to do some more testing so that I can present you with something logical but it doesn't stop TL being a very good time.
Here is a little improvisation.

Hey loyd,

interestieng video!
some presets i know! But you make this extra-granaular, or? Sounds sometime relly good!

Waht is this "table", with the windows-logo??? on the rightsite? In the end of video you hit this "table" and it plays notes???? What is this????

-------
To the dev:

I juts play with the EH update. Nice! But can you bring this "easy-features" in TL also?
I like your thinks, all this great feature, but i mean, all of your tools need this easy-page like in the new EH!
Hold it so featureoverkill as it is, but make this easy-page also: Only this 8 knobs and this great preset-system and yeeh, tousand of GOOD presets!

Ok, i´m rest-drunken, but there is so much traffic here, i try to answer;-)

Hi Mr. Barrett,

entertaining movie! Thx!
BTW: What font do you use in the line "performed by..." its nice, but not the same as you generally use, is it?
And there is a micro in the background (under the table???), there are at least lot of "room-atmos";-)

Do you speak to me in the mid of this video "Reaktor hit overdrive... can you tell?"
I´m not sure, but i guess, you are meaning "our special cpu-issue"?
If you really mean "overdrive", move the limiter to air, phat, sat, drive... and the signal NEVER goes "overdrive"
(in technically speech - of course, it can sound heavy saturated, maybe clipped, overdriven, destroyed...... but it never "peaks" over minus 0.2 dB = master-studio "headroom"!)

As said, i´m working on a "blind" fix, cause i cannot reproduce it on my system!
I can only deepdive into an imagination of this obscure-fog!
Its not easy and i need your blind-persons-guide!!
Which flex (patches) are occupied by this? Please tell me the exact numbers/range and yeah, in which MS?

Also to all others: If you remark similar issues on your system, please tell here:
I need the exact OS (with floatings) and reaktor-version and DAW-infos (also exact), i guess HW infos are also relevant,
maybe this issue only happen if push2 or other HW is connected?
I cant imagine, but who knows - this is a really irregular bug!

BTW: some of you use intuitive the term "patch" instead (my own soup) flex.
Shall i use this term in future? Is it more "intuitive", comprehensible than "flex" for this kind of "preset"?

#######

@KY:
Thx, i will do!

Cpu-All nice!
Windows 10 (anniversary), reaktor 603, Live 97 (beta), akai APC 40, other software a lot of:-)
tascam us 2x2, shure sm 58 (best micro i know!) ;-), no deep tweaks on OS or Live, but reely short latency!

But i have say some post before: In my version (103) MS 3 and MS 2 too, sound in some "PATCHES" the same like in MS 1, or do not sound in any way i can use! Most patches outside MS 1 and also some patches in MS1 sounds like copy or "shit", sorry, but it is!
Not all, but most of thes!

(Cpu is very, very fine 10-15% (one core only - amazing!!!), but i find not reelly new PATCHES!
Dont made so much news, just new patches (maybe not from you, but frome the other guy???? in the new EH this a really good patches!!!)
Only 5 new MS from this guy and i be will reelly happy!

I absolutely agree kukident-youth, EH 1.4 should be the scale for next TL-update (and all other apps to follow :D ):

- nice, stuctured, clear and understandable (by view and brain :lol: ) surface

- GOOD presets, sorry, but the first factory presets were just awful and show nothing of what the apps (TL and EH, but counts for PD too) are capable of, I was just beginning to doubt an then EH 1.4 came and finally I saw the light :D

- More good presets :D , do what ever is needed to make "Giesskanne Vogtland" go on with his magic with presets for the other stuff :hail:

And maybe we could find som other wizards who could do their magic in a similar way.

So go on with this :tu: :clap:

flex or patch is ok if they both mean the same thing

kukident-youth wrote:Hey loyd,

interestieng video!
some presets i know! But you make this extra-granaular, or? Sounds sometime relly good!

Waht is this "table", with the windows-logo??? on the rightsite? In the end of video you hit this "table" and it plays notes???? What is this????

Samples are my own - but using the original patch settings. Granular is the sounds in this case - maybe rain on tin?

The table is my special patent pending instrument. Why use furniture that doesn't contribute to the soundscape? (Actually if you notice the iPhone it has this program on it.)

DJ-Superherpes wrote: BTW: What font do you use in the line "performed by..." its nice, but not the same as you generally use, is it?
Meh - I dunno something in iMovie? Just one of the default title templates. Sorry I don't know.
And there is a micro in the background (under the table???), there are at least lot of "room-atmos";-)
As I mentioned to kukident I'm using the Impaktor app which turns the phone into a highly reactive contact mic / synth. Very good for Valerio Tricolisounds.
Do you speak to me in the mid of this video "Reaktor hit overdrive... can you tell?"
I´m not sure, but i guess, you are meaning "our special cpu-issue"?
I edited it out but maybe I should have left it in. Reaktor shut down due to CPU issue. I thought I'd fixed it already with the copy/paste patch things but it still happened. I have 2*channels of TL on a Macbook Air so I can't expect miracles. Still looking into why it is doing this. It may have something to do with the amount of samples i've loaded in. There is nearly 1gb.
Which flex (patches) are occupied by this? Please tell me the exact numbers/range and yeah, in which MS?
It was within the same range as before I think.
BTW: some of you use intuitive the term "patch" instead (my own soup) flex.
Shall i use this term in future? Is it more "intuitive", comprehensible than "flex" for this kind of "preset"?
Flex is your word. It is fine for you to keep it. But we get used to using "patch" and "preset" interchangeably. I say "Ableton patch" when I mean "session". :dog:

@secret:

could you please make another test with the original samples? I cant imagine it is related to it, but there is a small chance.
Do you also have R5 or only R6? and if booth, could you please test with R5?

-------
thx, but i dont understand - what did you make with the "table"? Is it a controller?

DJ-Superherpes wrote: Do you also have R5 or only R6? and if booth, could you please test with R5?
I don't have R5 installed any more. But I will try your original version again. I don't think it makes a difference though.
thx, but i dont understand - what did you make with the "table"? Is it a controller?
The iPhone picks up and manipulates the sound. The table is just a surface to be tapped and picked up by the iPhone.

Return to “Effects”