AiR Xpand!2 only for 1,00€

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xpand!2

So... I have a small question than, Wagtunes.

If you try out different plugins constantly (referring to another thread of yours where you were looking for different Synths), and you tied Loom awhile ago and had issues... Why do you have an issue with trying out Xpand? I mean if you're willing to put your system at risk for each and every other plugin that comes out.. why is there a specific problem with retrying out a company's plugins?

I understand restoring things is a hassle that no one wants to do.. but you pose the same risk when you try out new things; probably even moreso versus a company that has been around for over a decade. It just seems a little silly.

Not trying to change your mind, just trying to give you a different view.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

wagtunes wrote: But there is no way in hell I take that chance again on any of their products whether they're $100, $1 or absolutely free.
Ok whatever....your loss. I don't see any other posts anywhere of people having to do a system restore from installing Air products. No one in this thread has complained about installation....... :shrug:

Anyway I just spent another hour or so with Xpand and it's an absolutely magnificent and underrated synth. Anyone who considers it just a rompler is waaaaay missing the point. :wink:

Oh and for the record I have Loom installed and running on two systems without issue. Win 10 and Win 7.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote: But there is no way in hell I take that chance again on any of their products whether they're $100, $1 or absolutely free.
Ok whatever....your loss. I don't see any other posts anywhere of people having to do a system restore from installing Air products. No one in this thread has complained about installation....... :shrug:

Anyway I just spent another hour or so with Xpand and it's an absolutely magnificent and underrated synth. Anyone who considers it just a rompler is waaaaay missing the point. :wink:

Oh and for the record I have Loom installed and running on two systems without issue. Win 10 and Win 7.
I get what you and Sauker are saying. And yes, as a businessman who relies on getting synths to create sound libraries, I am in fact taking a risk with every plugin I install. But so far, out of all the plugins I've ever installed, quite a few of which didn't work at all, Loom was the ONLY one that created such a serious error (I wish I had video'd it because I'd never seen anything like it in my life) that I had to do a system restore. All other plugins, at WORST, would give me a Cubase has crashed error and I just restart it. Sometimes I'd have to reboot. But I never had to do a system restore with any other plugin.

That tells me something way out of the ordinary happened, whatever may have been the cause. And yes, it could very well have been iLok. I have an iLok issue now with Vocaloid (this has actually been reported by others) where if I load up a project in Cubase using Vocaloid, if I had another project installed prior that didn't use it, I have to shut Cubase first and start it up fresh. If not, iLok attempt to shut down my entire system. It is totally messed up. And while I'm not thrilled with this problem, at least it doesn't force me to do a system restore. That is absolutely the worst and not something I want to risk ever again. Given no other company has ever caused this problem (and again it very well may have been iLok and not AIR) I'm just not going to take the chance. Because if it happens again, I'm going to kick myself for taking that chance.

If this was something I absolutely couldn't live without, yeah, I'd obviously have to chance it. But like you or somebody else said, it's not even something I could use for my business. There are no libraries to make with it. So what's the point? To have something for personal use to make music with? I have over 90 VSTs already to make music with. As I said in the other thread, I really don't need any more synths. I only buy stuff now for my business, as mercenary as that may sound. I just have no other reason to get anything. The CD I'm working on now, it's all orchestral. I'm not even using any synths.

So yeah, while this deal is a no brainer under normal circumstances, it's not something I need nor want to take a chance with.

Air stuff also installs some Apple thingy, without which it won't run. You will find it in the start-up list.
I don't know much about it, but can't you try a sandbox or virtual machine? 8)

wagtunes wrote:There are no libraries to make with it. So what's the point?
Sorry I thought you were a fan of synths because of the sound they can make not just the money they can make. My mistake.

Ok carry on....the rest of us will continue enjoying a great sounding synth. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks to Air's Walmart pricing policy, making commercial sound sets for Air plugins is not worth the trouble anyway. It is almost as pointless as making them for freeware synths. Who pays a decent amount for a sound set for a synth that is cheap as dirt...

fluffy_little_something wrote:Air stuff also installs some Apple thingy, without which it won't run. You will find it in the start-up list.
No they don't. I just checked to make sure (Win 7).

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:There are no libraries to make with it. So what's the point?
Sorry I thought you were a fan of synths because of the sound they can make not just the money they can make. My mistake.

Ok carry on....the rest of us will continue enjoying a great sounding synth. :tu:
I am a fan of synths to make music. Have you listened to my Soundcloud channel outside of my library demos? I've got a whole playlist of nothing but Vocaloid originals. Some of them are actually quite good if I have to say so myself.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -originals

But for crying out loud, I've already got over 90 VSTs and that doesn't include all the extras you get with stuff like Kontakt and Reaktor and all my orchestral libraries.

So just how much more stuff do I really need to make music? What sounds can Xpand 2 make that I can't already make with what I have?

Well, I did not have that Bonjour thingy on my computer before I installed Air stuff.

wagtunes wrote:But for crying out loud, I've already got over 90 VSTs
I've got a ton of synths too along with Kontakt, Sampletank etc etc. But I chose to spend today enjoying Xpand and enjoy it I have............. :wink:
wagtunes wrote:What sounds can Xpand 2 make that I can't already make with what I have?
You'll never know will you ? :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, I did not have that Bonjour thingy on my computer before I installed Air stuff.
It's also installed with iTunes. All I know is my studio system runs fine and the Air plugins are awesome so... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:
I've got a ton of synths too along with Kontakt, Sampletank etc etc. But I chose to spend today enjoying Xpand and enjoy it I have............. :wink:
wagtunes wrote:What sounds can Xpand 2 make that I can't already make with what I have?
:hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, I did not have that Bonjour thingy on my computer before I installed Air stuff.

doesn't itunes install that?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Teksonik wrote:
You know, you guys crack me up. You know how many times I've been criticized for having so many VSTs, that there is no way I can use them all, even though I do? Now you're telling, I can use one more. What the heck, why not?

You guys kill me.

Anyway, I just uploaded this one to Soundcloud. Second of my 16 track Broadway style CD that I'll be coming out with.

In fact, here are the first 2 songs. Vocals by Vocaloid.

Title Track

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... va-on-lead

2nd Tune

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... va-on-lead

Since 1979, I have probably written well over 1,000 songs. I can't even keep track of all of them. Heck, in 1994, when all I did was music day and night, I came out with 7 albums of music, each with 16 tracks.

This is all I've been doing for nearly 40 years. Business is just business but it is not what I live for. It's just a way to help pay the bills.

I'm just giving you a hard time Wags. I hate to see you pass up a great synth essentially for free. But I can understand that if you don't already have the Pace E-Licenser installed and had problems with an older version of an Air plugin you would be hesitant.

Xpand might even find it's way into your music which is very well orchestrated but in my opinion begs for a human singer. The vocaloid girl gives it a creepy vibe and not creepy in a good way. :ud:

Return to “Instruments”