Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

tristan- wrote:also it hurts me as a paying customer to being treated like a thief.
Perhaps you aren't aware of how many thieves there are out there? Things are better these days but there used to be more people using stolen software than not.

The mojority of whom will never buy it anyway....

AnX wrote:The mojority of whom will never buy it anyway....
How do you know? Urs from u-he said once that quite a few people whose warezed Zebra's GUI melted away clicked on a link after to buy it from their shop. At the very least, i wouldn't want to do the guess work on how many people really would buy it, if they didn't get a warezed version of it.

There seems to be an interesting feature that they call 'dynamic microtuning'. It seems to enhance chords. If you init a patch and then play a minor third it sound more harmonic than with another synth. Does someone know how this works? I'd like to add this to a new synth i am currently working on

flakes2 wrote:There seems to be an interesting feature that they call 'dynamic microtuning'. It seems to enhance chords. If you init a patch and then play a minor third it sound more harmonic than with another synth. Does someone know how this works? I'd like to add this to a new synth i am currently working on
It is a microtuning specific setting, based on certain new and older types of tuning. Velotti for instance. You can look it up on the net to get a sense what is going on. Slight "detuning" on certain notes can make a huge difference in perception. It is fun they added this.

Indeed, has Icarus 14 bit midi cc?

Midi CCs are usually 7 bit. A more fine resolution is possible only with a hand full of parameters. I think pitchwheel is one of them. The Controller boxes and master keyboards that i used so far all only did Support 7 bit.

flakes2 wrote:Midi CCs are usually 7 bit. A more fine resolution is possible only with a hand full of parameters. I think pitchwheel is one of them. The Controller boxes and master keyboards that i used so far all only did Support 7 bit.
Mmmhhhh....even the Moog Model 15 app offers this. They seems to be straight forward then.
It's time that desktop plug-ins move on too.
It's not necessary on all parameters but it can make a huge different on some.
I think some U-he synths do it as well (not sure).

Cinebient wrote:
flakes2 wrote:Midi CCs are usually 7 bit. A more fine resolution is possible only with a hand full of parameters. I think pitchwheel is one of them. The Controller boxes and master keyboards that i used so far all only did Support 7 bit.
Mmmhhhh....even the Moog Model 15 app offers this. They seems to be straight forward then.
It's time that desktop plug-ins move on too.
It's not necessary on all parameters but it can make a huge different on some.
I think some U-he synths do it as well (not sure).
U-he is doing this indeed. In Reaper it is even possible to use 14 bit mode on anything (using 2 cc's)

I use automation to control plugins. Midi is from the 70s.

flakes2 wrote:I use automation to control plugins. Midi is from the 70s.
Actually it is from the early '80s

That is to static! I want to midi learn parameters and control them live....per note....polyphonic.

I'd like to use some real play and record that :) Automation is for robots :P (although i use it sometimes as well, for precise stuff)

the moog sub 37 has a 14 bit mode for all its range parameters.
CC FORMAT
Chooses whether Continuous Controller data is sent using 7-bits or 14-bits (for greater precision). If this level of MIDI precision is not needed, use 7-bit (default) as it requires less MIDI bandwidth.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
the moog sub 37 has a 14 bit mode for all its range parameters.
CC FORMAT
Chooses whether Continuous Controller data is sent using 7-bits or 14-bits (for greater precision). If this level of MIDI precision is not needed, use 7-bit (default) as it requires less MIDI bandwidth.
Yes, like i said the little Moog app too.
They are not living in the past :D

Return to “Instruments”