How does Arturia's new software center work for you?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Working fine.

As far as downloads go, I prefer to download them individually from the download page.
That works best I think.

Firebird wrote:Working fine.

As far as downloads go, I prefer to download them individually from the download page.
That works best I think.
I had the feeling that the download thru the Software Center is faster. You define the folder where it puts the downloads and you can choose to not delete them after installation, so you can backup the installers.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

It works fine for me, but, I preferred eLicenser. Not because I have a thing for eLicenser, but I'm optimizing for the fewest number of license managers. If I hadn't already integrated their stuff into my workflow, I'm not sure that I would bother.

I've had no issues with it. Works fine so far, and it's much better for me that the way updates worked before.

I am surprised to hear myself say it, but it appears Arturia might be stepping up their game.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Just one note: if you intend to use your computer offline (even temporarily, like playing somewhere), you should use the offline authorization method, even if the compute has internet access most of the time.

I'm considering my first Arturia purchase, but there's something I still haven't been able to confirm about ARC after Googling around... they say you get up to 5 activations... but if you need to get one back (e.g., computer upgrade/replacement), can you deactivate and get it back on your own via ARC, or do you need to contact Arturia support for them to add it back?

I'm not a fan of limited activations, but I can tolerate it if I'm allowed to reset my own counter (e.g., Pianoteq)... what I really dislike is having to ask for more via support (e.g., Ableton).

Just deactivate the license in ASC. Then you'll get it back.

stardustmedia wrote:Just deactivate the license in ASC. Then you'll get it back.
The answer I was looking for, thanks!

It worked fine for me at the start (windows 10) but now when ever I select a product update it says its trying to download 15Eb (exa-bytes?) and just stalls at zero bytes downloaded.
FT

Not good... whenever i want to load a Spark update, it will either download, and then say that the update can't be installed, or it won't even start to download. I always download the latest installer now from Arturia's website. The software center seems flimsy, and broken to me.Not only because of that.

It works perfect with Mavericks and El Capitan. Never had any issue.

Return to “Instruments”