Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KBSoundSmith wrote: But the video comparing the two Roland videos shows remarkable likeness in sound between the two models. Clearly you disagree, but simply saying "ahahaha, nope" isn't convincing. I know Roland doesn't get much love around these parts -- perhaps it's your opinion of the company coloring what your perception of the video, and not the actual sound itself?
Well if you read before the first two demos were Reverb not Roland demonstrations. And If you have experience with 60/106 you'd see they could also sound non-generic "or 3d" and that's exactly what is not in that demos.
You could also praise one ping only as the best emulator of analog sounds and it would work similarly.

And If you also notice. I've posted video of good 60/106 emulator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltkv0xXZ0M
Murderous duck!

KBSoundSmith wrote:But as far people being disrespectful, I noticed it was you saying things like "most uninnovative, ugly, toyish and restricted POS." Who is the one being disrespectful?.
Your perception works as far as you recognized the above as my writings, congratulations. Though I have not made any point of people being disrespectful to Roland or Behringer, so that is a completely miss. I didn't ask anyone to show respect. I said youngsters are spoiled in so far as they consider Behringer's product crap. If you think you are smart enough to turn that towards myself and think me spoiled with regard to my view upon Roland's toy synths, go ahead Einstein, but mind that I don't give a flying f.u.c.k; I still think they suck and a discussion of them belongs elsewhere.

Edit:
But maybe it was this you thought had anything to do with me suggesting people were not respectful:
It is an insult to Behringer's efforts even mentioning these toy-boxes along with their serious work
Let me assure you, you got it upside down then. The above is me deliberately showing disrespect towards Rolands boutiques. Not an accusation that people deliberately showing disrespect to Behringer by mentioning them in this thread :wink:
Last edited by IncarnateX on Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IncarnateX wrote:As far as Behringer concerns I am not someone who would usually take the When-I-was-young-we-lived-for-three-months-in-a-brown-paper-bag approach to young people's first world problems, but I think it takes one helluva spoiled generation to think of their gear as cheap crap. They were the reason I could afford a homestudio as a poor student and e.g. a unit like the excellent snr2000 denoiser meant the difference between sounding like a noisy bedroom studio and something resembling a record. I'd give them my vote of confidence any day and will probably get this synth just to honor them if nothing else.
We see relatively few build quality issues with Behringer rack gear and pedals. The sound quality does often suffer but there have also been some hidden gems.

btw, the (now discontinued) line of Bugera tube guitar amps was a different story, those had pretty high failure rates and also didn't sound good. They were great for modding, though.

Uncle E wrote: btw, the (now discontinued) line of Bugera tube guitar amps was a different story, those had pretty high failure rates and also didn't sound good. They were great for modding, though.
Out of interest and if you know what was most common reason of failure?
Murderous duck!

KBSoundSmith wrote: But the results they achieved in the emulation are pretty wild, IMO. Why not give praise where it's due?
Maybe I would if:

1. The thread was about Roland emulations and I entered it as such.
2. I wasn't fed up with the limitations of Roland classics and thus would think emulating them forever is a wonderful idea.
3. Would care whether I'd fail a blind test as far as these classics go.
4. Actually thinks there are nothing more to the concept of an analog synth than it's sound.

But none is the case.

If I should praise a synth and raise my hands in the air every time someone made a convincing "Jupiter brass" or "Juno strings" with a VA, I would have to drop my breakfast into my mouth from above.

david.beholder wrote:Out of interest and if you know what was most common reason of failure?
Usually related to tubes. Our tech has been using a solid state Behringer bass amp for testing every day for the past 3 years and it's never had problems.

Uncle E wrote: Usually related to tubes. Our tech has been using a solid state Behringer bass amp for testing every day for the past 3 years and it's never had problems.
Well, they are more likely not producing tubes or miscalculated something in schamtics. Opamps are way "stiffer" and forgiving. Urs mentioned that lot of synths have higher than nominal voltages and still things like polysix are working for 30 years.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:Well, they are more likely not producing tubes or miscalculated something in schamtics. Opamps are way "stiffer" and forgiving. Urs mentioned that lot of synths have higher than nominal voltages and still things like polysix are working for 30 years.
Yes, I agree with that. I don't think there will be reliability issues with the synth.

Ppl on the GS thread suggesting ideas about what they'd like to see in future. Personally I'd like more multitimbral synths, more innovation in digital hardware, and an updated digital modular like the Nord Modular maybe with a touch screen. Maybe Mr. B reads this thread too :D

david.beholder wrote:what was $1300 in 83 is $500 today not $3500 :)
Unless you're talking about the Minimoog Model D reissue, in which case $1300 to $3500 is almost exactly what happened to the price. :wink:
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Yep. Wonder what that will mean for the price.

dogzilla wrote: 12 VOICES!!! :o
God... i'll hold on my dave smith purchase for a couple of months, i think ! :P

Some nice Jupiter-6 meets JX kinds of sounds in that video. It definitely sounds more like a JX than a Juno to me, which I personally think is a good thing.

Uncle E wrote:Some nice Jupiter-6 meets JX kinds of sounds in that video. It definitely sounds more like a JX than a Juno to me, which I personally think is a good thing.
definitely with you there....
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”