Atomic Transient

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicTransient

My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at

looks sick

Might be interesting for mastering engineers if there is no chance to fix it in the mix...

from a geek's perspective it's stunning what's possible nowadays though...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

A alternative to zynaptiq UNMIX::DRUMS ?

Way overpriced for how well it works, it has a very very limited set of material that it can be used on the master, for individual tracks you would get much much better results fixing the source material.
I demoed this hoping it would be much better than it actually is.
Duh

This is a very good plugin, but I still can't hit the purchase trigger, as I think I will only use it once in a while when I have a very specific problem. The price is the only flaw here imho.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

It can't separate treble shakers from other types of treble percussion hits.
So if it tries to remove shakers. Snares are affected too.

It's almost that those layers are behind the transients.
Yet they are considered the same thing, even if they contain 2 different drum instruments that are playing at the same time.

Only the human ears can hear drum hits that spectrum analyzers can't show what is shakers and what is snares.
But both have treble content. The shakers for example has a little longer attack than the snares.

The snares for example are fast and percussive in dynamics while the shakers has smooth attacks.

What i want to do with (Atomic Transient) is this:
Increase the attack parts of all shakers, until they can't be heard.
Keep the attack parts of the snares intact.

Make the treble of the snares to be still be heard without sounding low-pass filtered because the shakers was removed.

And why must the treble of the brass section in the background be low-pass filtered too?

I only want to remove drum instruments from other drum instruments without affecting the adjacent percussion instruments.

The treble of background instruments that are not shakers. Should not be processed.
It can't distinguish between shakers and non-shakers.

bungle wrote:Way overpriced for how well it works, it has a very very limited set of material that it can be used on the master, for individual tracks you would get much much better results fixing the source material.
I demoed this hoping it would be much better than it actually is.
I wouldn't neccessarly say it's overpriced, yet I wonder who this is really targeted at, as you are of course absolutely right of course that it would be a whole lot better to simply fix it at the source...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hi,

well, you may use AtomicTransient for mixing purposes, but like you said - it is the better choice to apply it to the sources as e.g. an insert-effect where it is possible or needed.

AtomicTransient is rather intended to be used for audio-recordings, sample-loops, drum-loops or other audio-tracks, also vocals or polyphonic material which is already recorded and cannot be changed anymore.
This is also the use-case for conventional transient-shaper/designer or other manipulating plugins (e.g. Pitch-correction). You also won't use a pitch-shifter in a mix if you have access to all the single tracks - you will fix the pitch directly on the source.

So with AtomicTransient you can fix, modify, manipulate or 'effectize' any audio-recording we think.

@jedinhopy: Could you provide us a part of your shaker/snare sample? It would be interesting what AtomicTransient can do... :)

Best regards,
Frank

MBytes wrote:@jedinhopy: Could you provide us a part of your shaker/snare sample? It would be interesting what AtomicTransient can do... :)

Best regards,
Frank
Email sent.

Last day to get the introductory price...

They extended the introductory price offer to august 15th :)

this really interests me, disappointed there is no aax. Oh well.

Finally I've purchased it and it's now one of my favourite plugins ever, I use it on everything. If some of you haven't tried it yet, believe me : you should !!

Only one problem actually : latency...

what's the latency figure?

Return to “Effects”