Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

The range aspect is the central most important controlling factor it seems but it can be a little vague in understanding what amounts to use and how to use them for me. Guess it's just going to take some practice. I am really enjoying the whole exploratory nature of learning the instrument though. I haven't had to do this in a while.

Tangle doesn't seem to support Sustain Pedal?

That's always a deal breaker for me. .:(

Pity!

Bodhisan wrote:
kokotte wrote:automate,midi learn can be done via macros,inside macro, you can find an autom host number or midi cc
I'm unable to get midi learn to work in Logic Pro X...might anyone using Logic tell me how you're doing it?
There is no Midi learn as such. You insert a "Macro" in your Flow (basically it's a knob) and then set the CC like kokotte wrote that you want to control that knob.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

zxant wrote: 

Pity!

Works just fine here on Windows 8 in Bitwig Studio 1.3.11.
Try with the default sound when you start Tangle...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote:
zxant wrote: 

Pity!

Works just fine here on Windows 8 in Bitwig Studio 1.3.11.
Try with the default sound when you start Tangle...

Cheers,

Tom

Hmm, you're right. Didn't seem to work in an earlier session, but it works now.

Problem solved! .:)

ThomasHelzle wrote:There is no Midi learn as such. You insert a "Macro" in your Flow (basically it's a knob) and then set the CC like kokotte wrote that you want to control that knob.

Cheers,

Tom
I know this forum isn't really for beginners, but I'm still not getting this. I type "1" into the midi cc box, but I don't know what to do after that - that doesn't connect it to my 1 knob on my controller...and I don't know what to type, if anything, into the auto lane. And Tangle doesn't respond to the latch automation process in Logic that other (all other) plugins do respond to.

Oh - I got it. Right after I posted this, I typed 1 into the auto lane, and then went through the Logic assigning process.

You of course need to know the CC you want to use. "1" is the mod wheel.
But yeah, you can also assign Macros to automation lane numbers with the auto lane.

Cheers,

Tom

It would be nice if dragging on the number boxes (for instance, for ratio) would take into account the position of the mouse before/after the decimal point. That is, when dragging on 1.000, I should be able to get whole number ratios by dragging over the 1. Extra credit for letting me inc/dec any significant digit depending on the mouse position. Thanks for considering...

I just started messing with this today, but I am curious, is there a way to feed the output of one module back in to itself like typical FM VSTs can do with algorithms?
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Wow! Why haven't I heard of this earlier? I'm definitely going to check this out!

Norrin_Radd wrote:I just started messing with this today, but I am curious, is there a way to feed the output of one module back in to itself like typical FM VSTs can do with algorithms?
No, but it's going to be added in a later version. Or actually added back in, it was there but not working properly so removed til Chief Mangler can work it out. Hopefully we can route the signal freely through other modules for some serious mangling before it affects itself. ;-)

Gone soft wrote:
Norrin_Radd wrote:I just started messing with this today, but I am curious, is there a way to feed the output of one module back in to itself like typical FM VSTs can do with algorithms?
No, but it's going to be added in a later version. Or actually added back in, it was there but not working properly so removed til Chief Mangler can work it out. Hopefully we can route the signal freely through other modules for some serious mangling before it affects itself. ;-)
Thanks for the heads up!

Any idea on how to set up modwheel vibrato? I found a way to get it to work, but it was always on by default, and triggered more so by modwheel. that ain't right...

Edit: I've had it crash and freeze my computer twice so far today. I would love to see this thing get updated to be more stable. I wouldn't trust it for any professional projects at this point. Sounds good though, at least...

In case it helps, 64bit Windows 7, 64bit Cubase.
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

has it been a month since widdershins was last on KVR?
i bought a licence for tangle and it doesn't work on my computer, funny cos the 64 bit demo version worked
would be nice to know what's happening with it

emef wrote:has it been a month since widdershins was last on KVR?
i bought a licence for tangle and it doesn't work on my computer, funny cos the 64 bit demo version worked
would be nice to know what's happening with it
Holidays maybe? I'm also waiting for more news on this. I would like to be able to buy it for 20$ and know that it'll get some love.

He's always been like that, same with The Mangle.
Communication shutdown while working on the next version.
I usually didn't have problems contacting him via mail when I really needed to though.

I personally enjoy his work very much and am not in need of constant hand-holding to use the instruments.
It's a beta and not fully featured yet, so if you're uncomfortable with that, maybe wait for the fully fledged out release. It may take a bit of time but in the past he always delivered the goods.

Cheers,

Tom

Return to “Instruments”