Is anyone pulling the trigger on the Arts Acoustic sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:
e@rs wrote:Echobode
Thank-you for bringing this one to my attention.
I've been trying to get a particular long, weird, resonant verb thing going for a couple days now and have tried all manner of plugin combinations which got close but not perfect. EchoBode did it immediately, and then some. Bought.
Glad you liked it, mate. :tu:

But wait, you don't buy Sonic Charge products on their launch day? :x

Big Rock is :love:

I also have had consistent cl-series crashes in Cubase, DP8-9, and even Studio One (v2). Win7, 8, 8.1, and 10, all x64. Insert one while audio is playing, and boom. Insert several, and it seems to take the hosts down with no other provocation.
A damn shame, as it's really fantastic. I just picked up Presswerk to take over "character" duties more reliably.
The reverb is excellent, and even sports a double-precision mode. It has a "solid" sound to it that's really quite nice if that's your thing.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

have you tried loading it in a wrapper...like metaplugin by ddmf or plogue bidule ? ... whenever I get conflicts between a plugin and a host, I usually get past it by using a wrapper. Of course, you're shit out of luck if it conflicts with the wrapper too ; )

Even at half price I don't take chances on such ancient plugs

10 years ago when it was released the market was different than now, now there is a lot more to look at, from devs that update their stuff

For the 64Bit crashes... jBridge solves this problems for me (bridge a 64Bit to a 64Bit plugin, which means the plugin is now running in it's own process/address space).
Yes, it's a shame that this plugins are not well programmed and this behaviour is not fixed but some of this plugins like the Big Rock are so good that it makes sense to try a "workaround" like this bitbridge thingy.

4damind wrote:For the 64Bit crashes... jBridge solves this problems for me (bridge a 64Bit to a 64Bit plugin, which means the plugin is now running in it's own process/address space).
Yes, it's a shame that this plugins are not well programmed and this behaviour is not fixed but some of this plugins like the Big Rock are so good that it makes sense to try a "workaround" like this bitbridge thingy.
that's the spirit :tu:

Numanoid wrote:Even at half price I don't take chances on such ancient plugs

10 years ago when it was released the market was different than now, now there is a lot more to look at, from devs that update their stuff
I asked about pricing and updates: they responded.

"the ArtsAcoustic Reverb is 10 years on the market and has been developed/updated since then. We provided our customers with free updates (the most significant has been 64bit support) from the beginning and made sure that it can still be used on the most common environments.

If there will be any big updates in future is not decided yet. But since we try to keep our products stable concerning the features there won't be any big enhancements within the near future.

Since we target mainly the pro studio market we try to keep maintenance very low at the customer side. We think it is best if you install and then simply use the plugins. Most of our customers appreciate this.
I can agree that pricing is always an issue with software licensing. If you take a look at the business side of a software company there is a simple rule: You must charge the same amount of money for the original license from your customers every 3 years. Otherwise you are losing money due e.g. to support costs.
Considering all I think our prices are fair as is our license (simple serial number, install and use it as often as needed on your systems, ..).

I hope you are still interested in our products and my answers are helpful for you."

Since we target mainly the pro studio market we try to keep maintenance very low at the customer side.
They have a secret 24/7 pro user hotline running ask Elton for the number. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Eh. I ended up pulling the trigger on the reverb and compressor. The compressor is my best purchase of the past few years. I can't find a better compressor for drums. Being an opto design it leaves the snap intact, but with the limiter on the output it still keeps levels in check. Combine that with the negative ratio options and tube modeling, percussion always comes out sounding great. Amazing piece of software.

Does anybody know how long the sale last? Thx!

I didn't see an ending date being mentioned. Probably forever... :hihi:

masterhiggins wrote:Eh. I ended up pulling the trigger on the reverb and compressor. The compressor is my best purchase of the past few years. I can't find a better compressor for drums. Being an opto design it leaves the snap intact, but with the limiter on the output it still keeps levels in check. Combine that with the negative ratio options and tube modeling, percussion always comes out sounding great. Amazing piece of software.
Yeah, the compressor is really nice for drums, especially when you start to drive it (turn up the input till the red input light starts to get active). Just got a bit annoyed with it taking down projects...though i could use VEP to wrap it, it's a bit of a hassle. I do hope they update it to address that.
Never had any issue with the verb though. It's quite nice.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Return to “Effects”