DrumCore 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DrumCore 4 Prime

This is worse than bitwig though! (no cat pic, but FFS, it's been a CRAZY thing)

They CAN'T think they are going to make that kinda cash...........can they?

I paid for the upgrade almost 2 years ago .... and got a refund June last year, despite them protesting that the beta was released and Drumcore would be released 'soon' .... roll on almost (another) year and it's still in Beta ... and only for Mac! How are they still in business :o :?: :?: :?:

After seeing this play out so badly, there is no way in hell I would pre-order from them ever. I wouldn't even buy it when it comes out.I'll wait to see what kind of issues buyers post after they buy it before even considering it. My trust level right now is pretty low.

We hear you, and hope some of you will enjoy the fruits of our labors :) If not, it's understandable if you are frustrated by the amount of time this has taken our team of 8 people while we've been working hard to develop DC4 from the ground up, releasing new audio interfaces, updating iOS apps, revamping our website, and contracting for others to make ends meet so we can see DC4 to completion. We're excited to finally be nearing completion and hearing happy feedback from testers. We aren't perfect, but thanks to the engineers and testers who are sticking with us through this and providing valuable feedback to help give this program the attention it deserves. :clap: Whew! Feel free to jump in and help us test if you'd like. :phones:

Its been waaaaaaay too fukin long

Agreed :!: Getting closer...

I've had DrumCore since v1 (now on v2.5), and thought it was great.....

....but I gotta say, DrumCore 4 should be renamed "Godot"

MichelleSonoma wrote:Agreed :!: Getting closer...
Having enjoyed the easy use, and quality sounds
of drumcore and kitcore in linux, I have a few suggestions,
(not knowing if they are in V4 already):

allow importing ones samples over a kits existing samples,
to create a new custom kit, renameable as desired.
This is part of Hydrogen drum machine in linux, a great feature.
Maybe that could be a distinction between a standard, and pro version?

provide a useful lite-version demo (again), one kit, no further restrictions,
and get it on magazines like Beat and CM, customers like
a taste of the real thing.

allow creating patterns by mouseclick, and placing the patterns
on a song grid. Hyrogen has this, up t0 1/64th, triplets optional

A resizeable gui, that would allow the different panels to be visible,
in the era of large, and multiple monitors.

Make sure it works with roland/alesis/sundry midi drumkits,
and midi hardware pads like arturia beatstep, korg taktile etc

Make a company forum here, you've proved a little bravery
by even showing up (ask Peter in IK topics about being
a spear-catcher-for-hire :wink:

Now it's time get all the way in, or sell/partner the product to someone
who will.
Cheers

ps make sure old versions will load in daws alongside the new ones!
And provide a standalone, as well as plugins

MikeCallon wrote:I paid for the upgrade almost 2 years ago .... and got a refund June last year, despite them protesting that the beta was released and Drumcore would be released 'soon' .... roll on almost (another) year and it's still in Beta ... and only for Mac! How are they still in business :o :?: :?: :?:
Software is only a (very, VERY) sideline business. I, too, pre-ordered in Oct '13, but based on the last pre-order experience with them, I forwent the "Get it faster by Upgrading your version, only an additional $200 and you'll have beta access one FULL month earlier." I have a few of their hardware products that aren't that bad, but they were already built and had been selling steadily for 6-8 years (so, @ 2002, I guess) I will not buy anything from them or a few other companies that seem to be very happy to let your prepayment go for a year or longer...

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback guys. We definitely take suggestions seriously and love to hear them. Pre-orders shipped on July 15, 2016. So far, the feedback we are hearing is good for DC4 Release Candidate 2. There are a few bugs that you may see in our forums that we've fixed in a release that we are testing internally, and we are super happy with the results.

Quotes from DC4 users:
"Thanks, glad to be up and rocking."
"Cool.. it's stable in Studio One.. Woot thanks!!!"
"I am happy to say that everything is working now. I programmed my iLok and DrumCore 4 is showing up in Digital Performer...You have done a great job."
"Thanks again, loving DC4 (and support) so far!"
"very happy with sound quality and features, and ease of use.
Really satisfied."
"I’m really glad/impressed about the release, it’s all where, and how it should be... I even can go from a loop directly to another without crashing, “knock on wood” ...Really happy can actually use ... and the Slykit is REALLY exactly like hearing him playing live too..."

Check out the 80 page User Guide to learn about DC4 features:
http://www.sonomawireworks.com/drumcore ... quickstart
FAQ: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/drumcore/guide/#faq
Forum: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/forums/
About DrumCore 4: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/drumcore/

Have a great weekend!
Michelle

OMG ! its out......................................anyone tried it yet ?

Not possible to try, because no VST3 support in Bitwig or Ableton Live.
VST isn´t implemented anymore, bad decision imho.

PhilG wrote:Not possible to try, because no VST3 support in Bitwig or Ableton Live.
VST isn´t implemented anymore, bad decision imho.
the website says :"Now a 64-bit VST3/AAX/AU plug-in".

am i missing something here ?

EDIT : whoops ..... no VST2.xx aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh....but i can see how they would have abandoned that ship to expedite delivery, given the history of DC4
Last edited by Burzukh_Studios on Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Live doesn't support VST3. Glad I didn't pre-order.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

^^^^
The poster means that those DAWS do not support VST3.

Indeed, what an odd decision - the plug-in formats are "AAX, VST 3, AU - 64-bit". I wonder if it does use any of the new features in VST3.

And not yet qualified for Windows 10 or El Capitan
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”