Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, let's admit it: the frame was planned (cheapest possible), but the wool was all improvised :wink:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Blue Phase Music wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Blue Phase Music wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:In so many of these pics I see monitors that are far too close to rear walls. I also see this in 9 out of 10 studios in youtube videos. You need almost any monitor at least 18 inches from a rear wall.
Especially if your monitors are rear ported.
I agree, however there's no way for me to achieve anywhere close to that. I'm stuck where I am, therefore, far from ideal. ;)
I've been there too, but I found the way that it messed with the bass was so significant that ever since I've found some way to get the speakers off of the wall. For example, my current space isn't very large, and hardly ideal either, but I've solved the problem by turning my desk so that it's perpendicular to the wall.

I see you have the larger yamahas, the 5s did not work AT ALL in that scenario. No bass whatsoever. They were more predictable than the monitor ones that I used previously, but no bass.

While I like my current monitors a lot, if I were forced into that situation again, I would buy some front ported monitors and get them at least six inches off of the deck.
I've been trying to figure out how to do that, as well. Because it's a shared space, I'm extremely limited in what I can do. I already have the most space in this room, and it might be objectionable to my husband if I take up the center of the room, too.

When you said the HS5 monitors didn't have any bass "in that scenario", do you mean against the wall, or with your desk perpendicular to the wall?

I wish someone would have answered my question before I purchased, or I would have a pair of Adam A7X monitors on my desk right now. :|
I really can't overstate how helpful fiberglass can be in these situations.

The recommended stuff is Owens Corning 703 or 705. These are what is called 'rigid' fiberglass. They are more dense than standard fiberglass and are easier to work with. But any fiberglass is better than none.

If it is hard to find 703 or 705, there are fiberglass ceiling tiles, usually with one side covered with white vinyl, that are made with the same stuff. You can find these ceiling tiles in most home improvement stores.

Put this fiberglass at the primary reflection points, and your listening experience will improve dramatically.

not mine...my buddies. its in a closet.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImage

OMG! Everything else aside, I LOVE that mousepad! :lol:
Blue Phase Music

got the dusting cloth out today and did a bit of organizing :
- you might think of this as my front end
- kinda hard to see my beloved Gurian, Beta 57a, AT M50s, vintage Sennheiser cans or the Roland K61p piano
Roland Street amp peaking out from behind the desk
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

My studio 2016

Humble, but everything I need is there + a little more.

What you see is Roland MC909 (Sequencer base), Korg Minilogue, Korg Volca Bass and Roland JD-Xi (sometimes used solely for vocal processing and Vocoder lines). The mixer is a Xenyx 1204usb, which sends everything to Auria Pro on my iPad Air.

The Shield Maiden only allow me to have this little corner for gear, so my Roland JP8000 has been put to sleep under the bed for now.

Now I just need to finish some tracks :roll:

full set of shots here: https://imgur.com/gallery/uHxH4

and here's the other side, the guitar corner:

full album here: https://imgur.com/gallery/hYS3P

My Studio above didn't last long. I simply missed my JP8000. No synth makes soft silky pads and leads like her. The JDXi is much more harsh from the outset. Not a replacement at all. So I found room for me old lady.

So far this is what I have at my standing desk.
setupv0.42.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:borg:

IncarnateX wrote:My Studio above didn't last long. I simply missed my JP8000. No synth makes soft silky pads and leads like her. The JDXi is much more harsh from the outset. Not a replacement at all. So I found room for me old lady.

Wait, I see no cat in that basket... :x

e@rs wrote: Wait, I see no cat in that basket... :x
We had one. Unfortunately it had severe problems distinguishing the perception of a mouse from that of a car. Think it ate my weed in the backgarden.

We have two Dwarf Rabbits outside. You don't want to put them in the basket. They will cut every wire with their teeth until they electrify themselves to death.

^ :( and also :lol:.

I just finished building a desk; it's the first thing I've ever built. The circular saw got away from me a little bit a few times. Next was the 8 acoustic panels around the room. I measured it out so It's practically like sitting at an upright piano. It's got a polyurethane coat, so it's got a smooth, glossy surface. Not pictured are my crappy guitars hanging on the wall to the left, or my assortment of extremely cheap microphones.

Studio updates!

Drum pads - AKAI MPD 218

New, serious interface - NI Komplete Audio 6

Plug hax to conect my old soundblaster speakers

Another connector trick - bent chinch allows me to play console without taking it out of bag.

And last but not least, The Chair (sister called it "throne"). It's in fact from Ikea, but feels great. Grants huge bonus to productivity, seriously!

Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Some recent shots ...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”