Waldorf Nave v. Serum?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I already own Serum (which I love). I was thinking about picking up Nave during the 50% off sale - would this be redundant? Would Nave give me any sounds/capabilities I don't already have?

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I already own Serum (which I love). I was thinking about picking up Nave during the 50% off sale - would this be redundant? Would Nave give me any sounds/capabilities I don't already have?

Thanks!
It sure is different. Watch some youtube posts about it. :tu:

The two synths sound nothing alike. They each have a character that is particular to it. I have them both and very happy with each.

Excellent - thanks!

I'd check out Largo too - it's a more refined sound than Nave unless you're looking for the more aggressive tones. Serum can probably imitate both to some degree.
Last edited by jobinho on Sun May 01, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Both great synths... Nave's filter is class (one of the best on any softsynth imo) and so is the distortion. But it does'nt have near as many filter types as Serum does.

There's a tiny bit of overlap, but both synths sound pretty different. At 50% off grab it! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

jobinho wrote:I'd check our Largo too - it's a more refined sound than Nave unless you're looking for the more aggressive tones. Serum can probably imitate both to some degree.
Thanks! I have Largo, actually. I am assuming that Nave is sufficiently different than Largo, though, to warrant consideration?

bharris22 wrote:
jobinho wrote:I'd check our Largo too - it's a more refined sound than Nave unless you're looking for the more aggressive tones. Serum can probably imitate both to some degree.
Thanks! I have Largo, actually. I am assuming that Nave is sufficiently different than Largo, though, to warrant consideration?
As far as i'm concerned, it is. I also prefer Largo's GUI and sound a bit to Nave. Nave has that speech synthesis though, which Largo does not have, and it also gives you spectrum control, which you don't have on Largo. I believe that they're different though to consider either/or, or to get both without too much of an overlap.

Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”