Lethal vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

tedannemann wrote:
AnX wrote:Can you load your own samples into it?
No, I don't think so. It wouldn't make sense as there are no oscillator/sample/mapping/layering section.
It's a rompler all the way. Compare it to Nexus. No sample loading either.
I think layering would be good, because you can really beef up and mix up the sounds. As far as I know Nexus can do that.

Yes, no need for Oscillators for this type of vst. But overall, if I was in the market for this kind of synth, I'd probably pick it up instead of Nexus.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: As far as I know Nexus can do that.
No, this is a feature request for years. Layering is only possible for the expansion sound designers under the hood. However most of the presets are built up on layers which you can deactivate - but you can't really change or tweak them independently.

tedannemann wrote:
Robmobius wrote: As far as I know Nexus can do that.
No, this is a feature request for years. Layering is only possible for the expansion sound designers under the hood. However most of the presets are built up on layers which you can deactivate - but you can't really change or tweak them independently.
Ahhh.... Thanks for setting me straight on that. I must have watched a bad review or misheard what the chap said (it was a good while ago).

As much as I like to use my own presets, I often find it takes me ages to write music (because I constantly change them). So, something like this might be nice for a change - like an inspirational instrument as you said.

I'd never buy Nexus on principal (add ons are crazy money imo).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Very streamlined interface. Straight to the point. That's what you get:

Library (first tabs on the left):
Library (envelopes on the left):
Library (LFOs on the left):
Library (curves on the left):
Arpeggiator tab:
Trance gate tab:
FX tab:
Source tab:
System tab:

Yeah, that looks like a breeze to use.... Everything at your finger tips. Thanks for posting those. :)

How's the unison btw?

Robmobius wrote:How's the unison btw?
I like it. It does what it should. You can crank up the detune knob to the amount of 200 and the voice control up to 8 voices.

Looks nice. Seems like they could have named the presets a bit differently though. For example it might be tough to remember what String 024 sounds like as compared to String 025 and 026. Is there a way to save presets as favorites?

tedannemann wrote:
Robmobius wrote:How's the unison btw?
I like it. It does what it should. You can crank up the detune knob to the amount of 200 and the voice control up to 8 voices.
Looking better all the time. ;) Thanks!

tedannemann wrote:All the good stuff in one place. M1, SY, the Roland 90s pianos
I wondered about what you mentioned there.
Does it mention somewhere in the documentation that they sampled those, or did you mean they sound similar to them?

look good,
now i understand, the engine is made by CWITEC AB.
how is the cpu, do you have some quality resampling option?
all the sounds are sampled from hardware or from reel instruments(perhaps, it's in the manual)?

Wrong info, removed.
Last edited by db3 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote:
tedannemann wrote:All the good stuff in one place. M1, SY, the Roland 90s pianos
I wondered about what you mentioned there.
Does it mention somewhere in the documentation that they sampled those, or did you mean they sound similar to them?
No, but I am in this game for too long and literally owned all of the classics. Regarding dance pianos there aren't that much of variety there. I mean you can spot the M1 piano miles away if you know it...

kokotte wrote:look good,
now i understand, the engine is made by CWITEC AB.
how is the cpu, do you have some quality resampling option?
all the sounds are sampled from hardware or from reel instruments(perhaps, it's in the manual)?
CPU ist the same like Nexus. You can use multiple instances with ease. It's a rompler, so no heavy lifting stuff is going on under the hood I guess.
I don't know where the sources from. But I also don't know why this always matters. If it sounds good it sounds good. I don't care if these sounds are just sampled from some DAW onboard synths as long as they are tweaked to the right amount. There is also this myth that Nexus contains only hardware synths especially samples from Virus. I'm pretty shure the sources are manifold as well. I bet the samples nowadays come from Massive, Sylenth and the usual suspects as well. The intention there is the same. Delivering good sounds - no matter where they are from...

:tu: "Delivering good sounds - no matter where they are from..."
right, what i want to know if they made their own library or if it's rip off....because the price is low

kokotte wrote::tu: "Delivering good sounds - no matter where they are from..."
right, what i want to know if they made their own library or if it's rip off....because the price is low
No, I don't think this is any kind of rip off. Are there a few sampled presets from hard or software synths? Yes, I think this could be possible. But on the other hand you can be thankful alone for this high class selection of usable sounds. Whoever created these presets knows his shit, for sure! Then the sounds are fine tuned regarding the individual levels. So no bullshit level jumps after every new preset or category. I didn't look at the analyzer but I also have the feeling that the sounds are very well EQed (low-cut on all the mid and high stuff and so on). One of the most important things a lot of virtual instruments are lacking - is velocity tuning and playability. In Lethal it's a breeze to play these sounds. They are really ready to use at least in my ears! :phones:

Return to “Instruments”