What's your favourite knobby controller?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's your favourite MIDI controller for sending MIDI CCs and stuff? To control your soft or hardware synths.

Mine is the old CME Bitstream. Metal case, extremely solid. A bitch to program - but when it's done, it works incredibly well. I got two of them and I'm thinking of buying a third :)

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I always wanted a KeyFax Phat-Boy

At the time it was made this kind of controller were so rare, that it got a big review in Future Music

I don't like knobbies :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Numanoid wrote:I always wanted a KeyFax Phat-Boy

At the time it was made this kind of controller were so rare, that it got a big review in Future Music

I have had one of those for years (Phatboy 2) but replaced in with NI Kore, then Kore 2.

Still use it occasionally, but mainly with my VL70.

Still a huge fanboy of my Novation ReMote SL
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Peavey PC1600.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I wanted to ask controller users what they use them for the most. The layout of the novation sl and m-audio products look asthough the sliders are to control DAW track volumes... Is that how you are using them? Also is it possible for the controller knobs and sliders to change based on whats currently in focus on the screen or are they permanently mapped to the one thing?

^ combination of data select dial/button(centered above the keybed) to switch the template from DAW to whatever midi you might program or another pre-loaded template on the SL
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

It's not just a Midi Controller, but I have been fantasizing for several years of owning a Moog Minitaur just to use as a MIDI controller (those knobs...). Maybe one day I can get one cheap for this purpose. I am sure it's a cool bass synth, but it's exactly what I would want as a "knobbed" Midi Controller. I even contacted Moog to see if they had a defective one they could sell to me at a discount (Told them all I wanted to work was the knobs and MIDI. The synth aspect could be broken. Never heard back from them. I also asked them if they would consider making a Moog Midi controller with the Moog knobs).

http://www.sweetwater.com/images/closeu ... etail2.jpg
Play it by ear

The BCR2000, its parameter feedback capabilities are great, no CC parameters jumps.
Sadly today it's not so cheap as 10 years ago, same thing as the BCF :( .

All I've got so far is Push 1 :shrug:

Actually the knobs are one of the most used features of this one. Only recently I learned how to operate all these functions like in the video.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

i still love my novation remote 25sl mkii

ImageImageImage

No one using NI Machine?

I have no experience with either, but I've been eye-balling the Livid Instruments DS-1 (I'd be willing to kill if they'd just add a keyboard to it):

Then there's the Novation Launch Control XL (with slightly fewer knobs):

I have a Remote SL and Push, but I still like (and use) this one too ...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”