NEW Studio One v3 updates incoming.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

i think xbit hit it on the head... i had heard rumors back a while ago about Landr. i have a feeling presonus have crawled into bed with that company and will offer integrated online computer automated mastering (if you want to call it that)... i sure hope not. i have tried Landr a few times since it came out and it slaughters things in my opinion. no matter what material i fed it... it came out way too loud and way too squashed with audible pumping compression. some may like it... but i don't. there is no way a computer knows the material and it only makes an 'educated' guess based on averages. NOT GOOD

but then again i may be way off base. i don't even remember where i heard the rumor. but owning and knowing presonus' patterns of egos and flash... they would in fact consider integrating online mastering in their project/mastering section as revolutionary since no other DAWs do it (and i wonder why lol)

but that is my 2 cents...

jay
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Uncle E wrote:The one new feature I know of will be revolutionary for about 25% of users, useful but not revolutionary for another 25%, and useless to everyone else. I actually think most KVR members fall into that latter category but you'll all recognize what a great addition it is even if it doesn't directly affect you.
You mean the new AI accompaniment tracks ?
I think everybody knows about those already hahaha
Duh

EnGee wrote:Sorry, I got it as you are giving a hint of pirating software. I apologise.
No apology necessary my friend, misunderstandings happen, I should have been more clear.

What happens on official daw forums, when anyone can post, is that some people apparently just hate to see other people happy with something else so whenever, say Reaper, or somewhere similar with an open forum, does something new or nice that it's users really like and are happy about, some people who don't even want to use the app show up starting threads about why it's not as good as something else, the "vs" threads and similar, because some (a minority, granted) just can't stand to see anyone else happy with something they don't personally like.

I call it "Joyus Interruptus". :wink:

So some companies just stopped allowing that, and only let registered users post in their official product and FR forums, and all of that stops overnight. Users will still compare things to other things and criticize things, especially in FR threads, but you don't see the never ending daw war "vs" threads, and bickering about it, like on KVR and Gearslutz.

It's clear that registered users of those products weren't starting those daw war threads that often lead to non-stop bickering, because they all suddenly just stop.

Case in point: I once saw the creator of SAW literally plead with people who don't like or want to use his app to stop trolling his product forum. It got so bad he actually shut it completely down for awhile.

Uncle E wrote:The one new feature I know of will be revolutionary for about 25% of users, useful but not revolutionary for another 25%, and useless to everyone else. I actually think most KVR members fall into that latter category but you'll all recognize what a great addition it is even if it doesn't directly affect you.
From this comment, makes me think collaboration maybe?

macmuse wrote:
From this comment, makes me think collaboration maybe?

Yes !!!!!! finally its gonna do my yard work for me ....... Take my money Bishes ........ :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:
Case in point: I once saw the creator of SAW literally plead with people who don't like or want to use his app to stop trolling his product forum. It got so bad he actually shut it completely down for awhile.
Some years ago I used to laugh about SAW Studio and its price, but one day I went to their forum (it was a nice one then) and read the user's opinions, then I downloaded the demo and install it to see what the heck is this DAW. Ok, it was/is never for me, but when I read about its advantages, I thought it is not a joke at all, but it is geared toward Professionals who know what they are doing with it (they said it can process audio files very fast and stable ..etc. I don't know the details, but I know writing a whole program in assembly is very challenging and of course it is faster than C++ or whatever higher language than assembly. It was with a small size and very low PC hardware requirements!

So, I understand that not every DAW can please everyone. I just want to know the road map (not in details, but in general). This is the main reason that I left Sonar and later S1, because I want a DAW that fit my way of doing things more than others. So, my final decision is to use either Ableton Live or Bitwig Studio as they are the best for me. I'm happier with Bitwig than Live now, because I know they are heading for more modular environment and maybe more midi. This suits me very well as I really don't want to concentrate on Mixing/Mastering DAWs. Reaper is more than enough for final mix IMO. The second reason I decided to stay with Bitwig is the excellent integration of my hardware with it. Beatstep is fantastic with Bitwig, and the 'Hardware Instrument' is very easy to set for my Blofeld synth. There are other reasons, like the GUI, cpu usage and Clips (usefulness is more than Scratch Pad) ...etc. All that made me choose Bitwig over S1.

Anyway, my guess about S1 is that Presonus wants to be in Mixing/Mastering studios more than ITB. This seems logical for me because they have the hardware to support that. Yes, it is also for composing but mostly for bands with Guitars/Drums ..etc. The guy that I traded S1 with has a band, playing guitar and sings, so S1 suited him more than Bitwig while for me it is the opposite! So, it was a perfect trade as both of us were very happy :D

EnGee wrote:Some years ago I used to laugh about SAW Studio and its price, but one day I went to their forum (it was a nice one then) and read the user's opinions,
When I first grabbed the SAW demo way, way back, I thought I might immediately get on with it pretty well because I'd already purchased and used SAMM with my Yammy ProMix 01 back then, and the UI's looked similar, if not near identical, but I couldn't really get on with it.

SAMM was really great though, as remote software for the ProMix. :tu: I bet he sold a ton of copies of that back then when that Yammy mixer was selling pretty well. http://www.rmllabs.com/SAMM.htm

LawrenceF wrote:
SAMM was really great though, as remote software for the ProMix. :tu: I bet he sold a ton of copies of that back then when that Yammy mixer was selling pretty well. http://www.rmllabs.com/SAMM.htm
So do you mean that you could control the mixer from the software? the sliders in the mixer should be motorized right?

Well, I just read little bit about the ProMix in SOS and they said in quotes:
"The ProMix is a great performer, introducing very little apparent noise to the final output signal."
and it made me think of how we were different back in the day! It was acceptable to have little bit of noise, now we are ... just spoiled kids! :hihi:

EnGee wrote: So, I understand that not every DAW can please everyone. I just want to know the road map (not in details, but in general). This is the main reason that I left Sonar and later S1, because I want a DAW that fit my way of doing things more than others. So, my final decision is to use either Ableton Live or Bitwig Studio as they are the best for me. I'm happier with Bitwig than Live now, because I know they are heading for more modular environment and maybe more midi. This suits me very well as I really don't want to concentrate on Mixing/Mastering DAWs.
u can still choose Reaktor 6 Blocks in any DAW,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZmQcTcdoOE

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... -6/blocks/
the user library is already huuge
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... r-library/

the missing macro controlling, so changing values of more knobs relatively to their original values uni/bipolar same as is in Bitwig with a common knob was added in 1.1 (latest version), S1 already has own macro controls so practically can work with it together nicely
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

-deleted-
Last edited by Uncle E on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:The one new feature I know of will be revolutionary for about 25% of users
Uncle E wrote: The feature I'm referring to is different and much more significant. In fact, for people who choose to use it, it's a complete re-work (fortunately, those of us who like Studio One as it is will not be negatively impacted).
I'm now confused. Is it new, or is it a rework of an existing feature? My best guess is that they've rewritten the Project page. A large number of people don't use that.

Uncle E wrote:
MadDogE134 wrote:they would in fact consider integrating online mastering in their project/mastering section as revolutionary since no other DAWs do it
The feature I'm referring to is different and much more significant. In fact, for people who choose to use it, it's a complete re-work (fortunately, those of us who like Studio One as it is will not be negatively impacted).
Are we talking Notation? Would you describe this as a more basic/fundamental DAW feature, or a more esoteric "bells and whistles" type feature like the Arranger Track and Scratchpad?

-deleted-

Impact step sequencer. This would be awesome.
http://answers.presonus.com/3250/fr-so3 ... 3250#q3250

They are launching notation for iPad pro and you can just draw notes in with Apple pencil.....maybe related.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”