Are the 'Vintage Synth Pads' packs any good?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm starting to feel convinced! Will invest in a few and see what they do. :party:

Btw I'll report back here later with that I thought in case it helps anyone.

Hey treesgrassstones,

Thanks for your inquiry and interest in our presets.
If you have any specific questions about any soundsets, feel free to PM me or contact me at our site.
I am happy to help. :)

Again, thanks for your interest!

PatchAdamz wrote:Hey treesgrassstones,

Thanks for your inquiry and interest in our presets.
If you have any specific questions about any soundsets, feel free to PM me or contact me at our site.
I am happy to help. :)

Again, thanks for your interest!
Oh, it's mr VSP! Sure, Ive got a few questions actually. Will send you a PM.

I only have experience with their Zebra banks.

I think the sounds are good. Not the best sets I have, but good.
What I don't like however is there's no form of patch organisation in the sets. No subfolders for Leads, Pads, FX etc. just one folder with all patches in it.
I think they're not even prefixed by LD, PD, KY or anything, just the patch names.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Firebird wrote:
treesgrassstones wrote:I'd like to buy some classic retro sounding preset packs for Diva, Polysix, Monark and Uno-LX.
Are the offerings from Vsp any good?
http://vintagesynthpads.com/ocart/
For retro sounds I think they have some of the better ones, especially for the retro synths like Tal-U-No-Lx, Diva, and Arturia synths.
Lots of bread and butter sounds.
I also have some of the Omnisphere presets and they are some of the best.
Good stuff...
It's best to design your own

Examigan wrote:
Firebird wrote:
treesgrassstones wrote:I'd like to buy some classic retro sounding preset packs for Diva, Polysix, Monark and Uno-LX.
For retro sounds I think they have some of the better ones, especially for the retro synths like Tal-U-No-Lx, Diva, and Arturia synths.
Good stuff...
I do design my own but frankly, sometimes its good to broaden my sound library with professional presets.

I have purchased from many of the sound designers here.
Its great to have different designers sounds for different musical styles and projects.

For retro, the Vintage Synth Pads sounds are first class.
My sounds dont compare with them, but thats OK, I still like to tweak some sounds. :)

Firebird wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Firebird wrote:
Good stuff...
I do design my own but frankly, sometimes its good to broaden my sound library with professional presets.

I have purchased from many of the sound designers here.
Its great to have different designers sounds for different musical styles and projects.

For retro, the Vintage Synth Pads sounds are first class.
My sounds dont compare with them, but thats OK, I still like to tweak some sounds. :)
Thanks for the positive words Firebird.
I appreciate your kind words.

I'm a big fan of Zak's work. Some have mentioned the presets are 'bread and butter' I prefer the term 'usable'. So many banks have patches that I find unusable because they show off both the synth and programmers abilities...not in itself a bad thing, but if I buy a bank I want to be able to use it in my music, and VSP fits my style.

ftech wrote:I'm a big fan of Zak's work. Some have mentioned the presets are 'bread and butter' I prefer the term 'usable'. So many banks have patches that I find unusable because they show off both the synth and programmers abilities...not in itself a bad thing, but if I buy a bank I want to be able to use it in my music, and VSP fits my style.
Well said, the sounds are very usable and musical.
They tend to sit well in the final mix.

Out of all the sound banks I have purchased, I tend to continually come back to these.
They just sound good.

Support is also first class, Zak is the dude!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

all the demo sound examples to me for all the synths at VSP, are overall, "not bad". Certainly some usable sounds, some sound poor to me, and so forth. With arksun his diva demo had me in chills, every single sound in the demo (same with his RP blue pack). So the best thing to do is listen to the demos carefully, and maybe start with one pack and see if you like the author's work. Yet sometimes, with any dev, demos don't do the sound pack justice either, so it's not always easy to tell.

Remember i am only going by the demos here, where i haven't been impressed enough to buy yet. So i could be wrong and i would like or love them if i took the plunge.. i can't be 100% sure, and it's really only an opinion. Perhaps the best thing to do myself is buy one of his banks for the synth i use the most, and see how I feel. At the very least, i am certain there will be some usable sounds in there I will like. I think i will try the retrologue pack as i have no 3rd party sets for that synth, and i use it heaps, plus it's only $22.95 for 100 presets.

ftech wrote:I'm a big fan of Zak's work. Some have mentioned the presets are 'bread and butter' I prefer the term 'usable'. So many banks have patches that I find unusable because they show off both the synth and programmers abilities...not in itself a bad thing, but if I buy a bank I want to be able to use it in my music, and VSP fits my style.

Thanks Ftech!

Much appreciated! :)

Return to “Soundware”