FR (WITHDRAWN) - A global KVR Challenges sub board

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:I put my oar in about this when the idea was being discussed. It's the single biggest thing holding back the whole concept imo and it completely put me off ever partcipating again after I got disqualified from the first one (me and Compy exchanged about that though - all sorted). If the floor was thrown wide open with pretty much no rules (because there are no rules in this game - really - there isn't) I think there would be far more participants. This is how things are run over at Mike Senior's forum. If people make 'mistakes' then more knowledgeable people point it out and discuss solutions, advice etc. - that in itself generates discussion.
This doesn't belong here anymore either, really. Rather in the MC Gossip thread.
But I actually don't now how to take this sort of feedback?

I don't remember anymore why you were disqualified, neither the challenge to be honest (so many things happened in between). But the main disqualifications are due to re-submitting (even though it's not allowed - hence the rule commentary "first mix is final, take an extra day to listen with a fresh set of ears") or breaking the rules in a very harsh matter (like: changing the arrangement, unless allowed by the song provider). Everything else does generate discussion. Actually, I do insist for a couple of challenges now that ALL participants get feedback on their mixes, and not just the ones that go into the next round (will be addressed in the rule set overhaul).
I can't remember exactly now but I think it was because I did something 'creative' (a long reverb build up iirc) with a section of the song. It was all sorted at the time though. I brought it up here because I gathered that part of the reason for the FR/thread was to expand/generate more interest in the competition. I was pointing out that the easiest way to do this, imo, is to tear up the rulebook.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Compyfox wrote:That clearly drifts it into HPC now.
:bang: From the guy who's best argument is 'that's just pro-left wing thinking'. Google 'reductio ad absurdum', numpty.
FFS.
Everything else is "typical whyterabbyt fashion" (to use a specific quote) with twisting and turning words, to get a better ground coverage and show of who is ultimately superior. Not answering that.
Ah, right. How convenient. Dealing with what got said, who said it, and the order it got said in, is 'twisting words' so all of a sudden you dont have to deal with your attempts to misrepresent those things. Convenient.
whyterabbyt wrote:You filed an FR for an umbrella folder for the challenges. However, the second Ben okayed the idea, you suddenly extended that to include non-challenge forums, like the Music Cafe, and started talking about these new forums all needing moderators of their own, specifically the people who organise those challenges ie yourself. You got your cake, and that wasnt enough; you wanted to be in charge of the cake shop.
Actually, that is wrong.

The "umbrella folder" was like that right from the start (1st page, 5th post - Jun 2014).
Yes, thats exactly what I said. You dont mention new moderators for these forums until after Ben's okay of that. Also what I said.
whyterabbyt wrote:Have you seen the rules for the Mix Challenge? It dont look like 'fun' as I understand that word
Of course that'll be nothing to do with why there's so few entrants, and just me picking on CompyFox blah blah blah.
First and foremost, these rules are to be overhauled
Is that supposed to refute what I said? Not that I was saying it to you in the first place.
Second, the "headmasters" are the people that "start the challenge, moderate it, handle the licenses, help in the background if things go wrong (consulting, answering questions, etc)", same as the "admin" of the OSC and MCSC. But the person being in ultimate charge, that declares the winners of the Mix Challenge, is the the song provider (unless the song provider vanishes and can't be contacted - happened once - and we had to take action in some form).
Yes Im aware of what they do. Im also aware of what a headmaster is in real life, and the nuances of applying that term to someone who merely organises or arranges something.
Are you?
If you'd take the actual time to read up on it, you'd see that this is the case for over a year now and we so called "headmasters" only handle the threads, licenses and promotion. But of course, and like usual, this can be laid out by pro-left wing "anti" fractions as "this is scary" and "I'd rather not do this". Once more: "you're against it, just because...".
Sorry, Im just not in favour of your pro-right wing fascist faction thinking. Obviously from you using this phrase a couple of times, you clearly have some sort of issue with people thinking for themelves. I imagine you think we should all follow your glorious leadership and just accept what you say because you say it.
And here was me worried about you becoming a petty little dictator.
This is your(!) "goalpost move", as you like to call it.
Erm, no. You clearly dont understand the phrase; you kinda need to have some goalposts first to move them. And in this case, the failure to attract folk to the mix competition is an entirely new topic, which was being discussed with someone who is not you. Get it? You're not part of this, its not about you, its not for you, and yet, as predicted, you made it about you anyway. That'd be your 'usual pro-rightwing fascist' thing, I guess.
Regarding the Mix Challenge rules (and this does actually not belong here anymore, yet it is now part of the ongoing discussion):
No its not. I brought it up as an aside between me and Trimph1. Not to you, at you, about you or for you.
Got that yet?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

do_androids_dream wrote:I brought it up here because I gathered that part of the reason for the FR/thread was to expand/generate more interest in the competition. I was pointing out that the easiest way to do this, imo, is to tear up the rulebook.
Throw me a PM with your ideas, please. I'll get to the whole thing this week.

whyterabbyt wrote:Yes, thats exactly what I said. You dont mention new moderators for these forums until after Ben's okay of that. Also what I said.
Actually, i did say:
Compyfox wrote:Then create a "global" folder for all challenges, and create sub-folders for each of them. Then select who will be the mods of this section and we can moderate ourselves.
Assuming that this is a standard procedure for those that request a sub section/company board on KVR (happened for the DIY board as well IIRC). Suddenly your eyes pop out and you go apesh*t on me for 3 f*cking pages, and label me as "BS talker", "person with a personal agenda" and what have you.

It's not the first time that you did this, whyte. And not only to me, to OTHER USERS on KVR as well.

Which brings me to this:
whyterabbyt wrote:Sorry, Im just not in favour of your pro-right wing fascist faction thinking. Obviously from you using this phrase a couple of times, you clearly have some sort of issue with people thinking for themelves. I imagine you think we should all follow your glorious leadership and just accept what you say because you say it.
And here was me worried about you becoming a petty little dictator.
I will draw a definite line here and end this.

I've been called a lot of things (I'm used to that now), and I take a lot of sh*t before I step over the line (my patience as really drawn thin lately). But being called "right wing fascist" (which is borderline reaching out to being called "a nazi" - been there!) - this is stepping over the line and triggers all the wrong things in me.

One being, downright hate and disgust.

Do you know WHY I consider you to be a pro-left wing do-gooder, whyte?

Because whatever doesn't swing with you, you need to see "corrected". Whatever doesn't fit into "the system", you need to address and rage against. You can't just leave users be. You're like a f*cking bloodhound, biting yourself into something and comment, twist and turn, quote-pyramid until oblivion until the other end is giving up in frustration, or tips over the line so that moderators have to jump in and hand out temp-bans - while you sit in the background and laugh your rear end off. Because you did "nothing wrong".

I despise you people!

You're the venom of web boards and otherwise very casual and fun communities.
People like you are the reason that users turn their backs and move away from KVR! And you (plural) are f*cking EVERYWHERE.

Granted, I'm sometimes not any better. But I at least don't jump in over some stupid sh*t, where somebody made a typo, or somebody "suggested" something which would have put him in a different position as he/she/it is now, neither do I instantly say "stop your whining, you're on a vendetta" if somebody comments on a company and the experience with it/them.

For all the recent sh*t that has been flung at me, from you especially (and three other users I rather not mention), I can at least say "I speak from my personal experience with <insert value here>". And I will continue post in topic that interest me, or I'd like to comment on/warn people, etc - like it or not. If you think I step over the line, use the "report function" - which is why it's existing in the first place.

However, you (as in plural, not singular) in turn see this as a feast. Enjoy it even to dismantle somebody in public. He/she/it doesn't deserve it any better... "he's out on a vendetta", "it's his personal agenda", "he wants to be a dictator".

Throw the first stone - blame it on somebody else.

I have enough of this sh*t, whyte.
I've now reported you to the mods and will close this thread (just realized that I could have done this myself already). It's been dead since page 2 anyway - thanks to you.

If there are comments towards the Mix Challenge, how to improve things, how to make things right "according to you" (plural). The following two links are the best way to address this in a hopefully respectful(!) and objective manner:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=412905 - Mix Challenge Gossip Thread
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/memberlis ... ile&u=9761 - my PM folder

BJPorter, V'Ger and D.H. Miltz - thanks for your input. I've been ruled out 3:1 - I can accept that.
Also a thank you to those that voted positive to this.

[/end of line]
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Site Stuff”